Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shirt embroidery

Options
  • 17-05-2005 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a smallish logo embroidered on a few polo shirts as local as possible. Anyone know of anywhere? I know of all the t-shirt printing places around Washington st and all that but to the best of my knowledge they don't do embroidery. No major volumes, between about 2-5 shirts at first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'll do it to myself this time...

"google is your friend"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There's a place out on the Mallow Road somewhere, but I can't think of his name.

I've called a couple so far... it's not as pricey as all the websites in the UK had me believe it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I think the most expensive bit is the disc they have to make. We got some done and the disc was €50 and each logo was €6 I think. I think they got rid of the disc after though, ask them to keep it if you want more in the future!

I just got quoted €5 per shirt from the place on the Mallow rd... That is of course presuming I supply my own shirts. Didn't mention anything about a disc, although I've heard about it from reading the UK websites. I may go get a couple of shirts and drop them out just to check out the quality before deciding on anything...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 sgmallen

There is a place called Academy Crest who have done a lot of logos on T-shirts and Sweat Shirts for various UCC Societies. I previously ordered over 30 sweat shirts with logo's on and they were great. I know they also do small amounts as well. Their number is 021 4210822. They are on the Mallow Rd so it's probably the same place you got the quote from! They had to make up "plates" or "discs" for us because it was a very complicated logo...but then for further orders they already had the disc. What kind of a logo are you looking for? Perhaps they won't need the plates at all?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Fork it, I'd nearly go for that meself, always fancied some businessy stuff, and maybe some custom humourous stuff too (like my very weak /proc shirts). Post the details there rymus.

adam

I'm presuming the vast majority of these places use the same kind of machine so I'm guessing the quality may not differ too much. I got the below Logo done, looks really nice. The €6 per print I mentioned was with me supplying the shirts.

It was Academy I was talking to.. Gave me a price of €5 per shirt.

I was also talking to a woman down in Myrtleville, www.irish-embroidery.com. She quoted me €20 with shirt included. I think she mentioned that they use Kartel polo shirts. May get one done in both just to compare.

This is the text I'm looking for on the shirts.. As you can see, pretty basic stuff.

munsterpubs.gif

you'd want to be careful with that logo son, your slogan mayyyy not come out to well :o Good luck anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 sgmallen

Our logo had a picture on it so I think that might be why they had to make up the plates. They should be able to embroider text no problem....Good luck with it anyway!

I never thought of that because we have the cards on ours. Let us know how you get on anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Cork Tie and Badge company in Penrose Wharf is another choice. Cotab.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

My old man used to get stuff for Harlequins hockey club from some Euro-something crowd; can't remember the full name, so that's not much help I guess.

I went to that Cotab crowd when they were over by the Opera House, they had no interest in dealing with small orders at the time. T'was a long time ago though.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

Hey, I'm in embroidery and t shirt printing if you're still looking for something to be done? info on my site below... doin a bit with the tag rugby if anyone is interested and hasn't kitted out their team yet? The disc by the way can cost from 25 to 125 depending on the size of the crest and how intricate the design, the disc is owned by you then, it's just the file on a floppy really, they may want to clear it off their hard disc so ask them to email it you and look after it then if you want to use it again. You can bring the disc to other embroiderers then if you're not happy... feck it might put an ad up here somewhere..

www.quickstitch.ie

If I wanted something done along the lines of the logo I've posted above, what kind of money would I be talking about? If I need to vary the size of the font I'd like to know beforehand just so I don't go getting a shirt done and having it looking like crap because the font was too small to begin with...

A word of advice too.. if you want an ad, I'd say go for banner advertising. Posting a thread advertising a commercial service is likely to get you banned.

grand job, will look into it, if it's going crest sized, it'll prob be between 3.00 and 5 alright, (neck stuck out-3.50)shouldn't cost too much to set up either I reckon, it's fairly simple design, it's a one colour job I presume? In a fruit of the loom heavy polo it'll be 15 i'd say inc crest, Russell micro fibre polo 17.50 inc crest, I use the russell one for my own rugby club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

cheers, put in a ticket this mornin, but no reply as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

"eurostyles" in the blackpool retail park are pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NITE-OWL

iv dealt with alot of embroidery companies both in Ireland and the UK because of what i work in and out of all the companies iv dealt with the best iv come across is a company called Prolin Wear the work they do is of the highist standerd iv seen in a long time very neatly finished no loose threads ect the email address for them is www.prolinwear.com

NIGHT-OWL

Advertisement