Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Internet May 16th problems?

• 17-05-2005 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Did any of ye UTVInternet users have problems connecting last night?

When I got home from work my broadband connection was down. I tried to reconnect but no luck.
    I tried rebooting the modem, reconnecting it to my pc and various other things.
    Meanwhile I called support and was waiting on hold.

I tried resetting the modem but still no luck.

Eventually I go through to their tech support. I explained I was having difficulty connecting.
    He has what error I was getting. I explaining "Connection Error".

So he told me to logon to the modem and click connect. I tried this again but still "Connection Error".
    He said the engineers were looking into a problem with cached usernames and passwords. So he was going to give me a new username.

So he told me to try this. Still the same problem.

He said there was nothing more he could do. I asked when did he expect this problem to be fixed, he said he didnt know. I asked what will I do tomorrow if it is still down. He said "nothing, that will mean the engineers have not fixed it". So I left it at that said no more. His final words were to "keep plugging away I'd eventually get a connection".

I got the impression he had no idea what he was talking about and was trying to get me to go away. Surely if the passwords and usernames are being cached that would not make any difference as I had not changed mine. It all sounded a bit dodgy to me.

Anyone else have any trouble with utv yesterday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Mine was working fine last nite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

His final words were to "keep plugging away I'd eventually get a connection".
    Priceless :D:D
    These cowboys are going from bad to worse.
    What exchange are you on? Maybe it's a local problem?
    No problem with my UTV connection yesterday or last night.

Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Im living in blackrock, i think its the foxrock exchange but i'm not certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

podgeen wrote:
    Im living in blackrock, i think its the foxrock exchange but i'm not certain.

Go HERE and enter your number.
    It'll tell you what exchange your on. :D
    Is you connection still down tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Was working fine for me yesterday evening. On the Dundrum Exchange here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement