Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've just spoooooged myself

Options
  • 17-05-2005 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

SACRED REICH albums Ignorance (1987) and Surf Nicaragua (1988) will be reissued in a three disk set via Metal Blade Records.

The third disc in the set will be a DVD featuring some previously unseen Sacred Reich footage including live performance material from the band’s heyday.

Let all this Metallitalk cease, this, gentlemen, is real thrash Metal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Nice one!

Havent heard anything about them since Independent came out.

Have they even released anything since? What happened to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They released another album called Heal after which Dave left to join Machine Head. They got together with Greg back on drums to record a live album, which I haven't heard yet, and then split up for good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Deadly!
    Is there anything about The American Way, I only have it on vinyl. My turntable has since calved and I havent heard that album in ages.
    Truly class band,would have loved to see them live

The American Way is still an Ebay only puchase, tis on a different label to Ignorance and Surf Nicaragua :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

but yay anyway - SACRED REICH rule - all these kids bands nowadays no nothing of the mighty thrashing :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭finbarr

Surf Nicaragua was one of the most important records when I was a nipper.
    Bands like Pantera get all the credit for the hardcore/thrash thing but Exhorder and Sacred Reich were doing it before all else and doing it better than most...
    I actually met Dave McClain at Machine Head in 2003. He was genuinely suprised by the fact that the name Sacred Reich was still known over here...
    Will be getting this new release for defo since I only have Surf Nicaragua on tape

Have it on vinyl. Ahhh kids, you don't know what you missed if you never moshed to Surf Nicaragua in McGonagles... and as for the gig there :D

Actually on www.metalbalde.com you can get Heal and the live album for $1.99 each! Score!

Doctor J wrote:
    Have it on vinyl. Ahhh kids, you don't know what you missed if you never moshed to Surf Nicaragua in McGonagles... and as for the gig there :D

stoppit, you're going to make me weep for the old days

moshing in mcgonagles
    numerous times i gave myself concussions from their low roof
    massacre gig
    launching a wee bloke at said gig
    having loads of blokes come up and offer to bash some bloke for me (they thought he had jumped me)
    getting mugged after mcgonagles for a tshirt :(
    getting refused entry to mcdonalds after mcgonagles (i wasnt even drunk)

so many memories......sniff!

That Massacre gig has taken on insanely legendary status... all because of Rick Rozz's balaclava :D

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote:
    That Massacre gig has taken on insanely legendary status... all because of Rick Rozz's balaclava :D

nope, tis legendary because after the gig we were getting autographs and some old lad came out of his shop and threatened us with his walking stick - twas comically. then we retired to the establishment of bruxelles for cool and calming pints :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Jaysus all the ages are coming out now. I was only at McGonagles once to see The Almighty.
    Thought the place was a kip tho .
    No beer
    Just Pissy Wine
    At a Metal gig!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Doctor J wrote:

Have the two albums on cassette somewhere deep in my parent's attic. Must root it out for a good old fashioned headbang around the kitchen when I've liberated some space for my cassettes in my new house.

Do it swiftly, the riff from Death Squad is not something you should be avoiding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Yeah and the bass bit in the middle is pretty kick ass as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

Sweet, love Sacred Reich. Pitty they aren't doin this reunion tour stuff, would kill to see them again.

Advertisement