Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance companies are bloody useless (again)!!

Options
  • 17-05-2005 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

OK, you may have seen my post a while ago about not being able to insure a car that didn't have an NCT. This caused me to cancel my policy and change to another insurance company (Quinn Direct, God help me!).

Anyway, when QD posted out the details, one of the conditions was that I send in the letter stating my no claims. This was to be returned within 10 days or so with the completed proposal form. However, I still haven't received the letter back from the broker, as they have not received it from my previous insurance company. QD said that if the completed form and no claims letter weren't received by the specified date, that the policy would go up by an unspecified amount.

My question is, how likely are QD to be reasonable about this if I call them tomorrow and say I'm still waiting for the letter of no claims cover? My other qustion is are all insurance companies just completely fúcking incompetent or is this another little scheme to squeeze more money out me that they all have going between them??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Well obviously they try everything to get you to pay more. Its a business. Its definately worth ringing around everone, even under a few different names using different phone numbers. Personally I wouldn't go near QD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Well obviously they try everything to get you to pay more. Its a business.

Yes but a good business aims to provide customer satisfaction to generate sales and profits not sneaky underhanded tricks. Insurance companies are in a position where everyone must buy their product by law and they exploit this fact to the max. Quite frankly I dont think their capable of being reasonable blatsman and theyll propably screw you out of even more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

blastman wrote:
    However, I still haven't received the letter back from the broker, as they have not received it from my previous insurance company.
    You have a broker, make them earn their fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

I haven't seen your other so I may be barking up the wrong tree, but the cert of NCD is supposed to be sent out with your renewal notice. One good thing Mary Harney introduced (the only good thing?), so you can easily shop around when your insurance is up for renewal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Babybing wrote:
    Yes but a good business aims to provide customer satisfaction to generate sales and profits not sneaky underhanded tricks. ...

...Yes and then you have the real world... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Insurance companies are businesses, their primary goal is to maximise profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

a_ominous wrote:
    I haven't seen your other so I may be barking up the wrong tree, but the cert of NCD is supposed to be sent out with your renewal notice. One good thing Mary Harney introduced (the only good thing?), so you can easily shop around when your insurance is up for renewal.
    No renewal, I cancelled the policy early.

raster, I know how capitalism works, thanks. It shouldn't take ten days to supply a simple letter.

Advertisement