Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biggie or 2pac - Who is cooler?

• 17-05-2005 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

So who is cooler?
    2pac with his hundreds of thousands of record releases after his death?
    Or the big, fat, dead guy from Brooklyn?

To be based on lyrical content, flow, delivery, wit, and how bad ass they are.

Biggie or 2pac? 15 votes

Biggie
    0%
    2pac
    40%
    zAbboPen0sDavid19zx81Kinetic^kanibus 6 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    60%
    Dutchboyleef23ThE_IVIAcIVIAIVchillywillyFTA69Lamar[Deleted User]RVN10scuba steve 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I want to vote, but I don't want to. So for those who don't know anything about Atari Jaguar here -

The Atari Jaguar was the world's first 64-bit home console video game system. Developed after three years of research, manufactured by IBM, the Jaguar was released in Fall 1993, and offered high-speed action, CD-quality sound, and polygon graphics processing beyond most other machines available at the time.
    Orignally released as the Jaguar, Atari had, at times, referred to the machine as the "Jaguar64" for marketing purposes.

Pointless!!!!!

I guess i'll be voting for atari jaguar then

Holla if ya hear me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Thank you for sharing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Both of them are stupid cotton pickers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Atari Jaguar
    2pac, no competeion, he whoops ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Tewpack is bleedin raphid. Biggie was raphid, but Tewpack is even raphidder.

Pac rode Biggies mott Faith Evans, and had a bleedin deadly thug life tatoo, and got shot nearly as many times as me cousin Anto. An all de burds like Tewpack, me sister thinks he was a royad. But Biggie was just fah

Ive never understood the skanger preference for Tupac over Biggie. After all, Biggie was a New York crack dealer who had served jail time
    When he blew up, Tupac was a former ballet dancer who claims to have sold drugs for 2 whole weeks of his life, if at all. However, he gets adopted as the howiyas icon of thuggin it alot more than Biggie? As someone pointed out, Pac didnt have an arrest record before he blew up (then he started getting into trouble weekly for idiotic sh1t, id be highly suprised if the guy didnt have a serious coke habit)
    Despite my above sh1ttin Im a Biggie man myself. Its not an issue of who is cooler- the anwser to that is probably, sadly, Tupac. He had some good stuff, but he had an awful amount of bland stuff and nonsense too(i still cant really get with the attitude he had towards violence and crack. Biggie portrayed himself as an outlaw, a criminal, he wasnt on any black pride stuff really. Nas put himself as someone who was engaging in criminality more as a part of growing up than anything. But Pac liked to brag he was the black John Gotti one minute and Malcolm X the next. Blastin niggaz, sellin crack, fcukin bitches. Next song- decries black on black violence, the devastation of the crack epidemic, tellin his sistas to keep their heads up.....a bit two faced for me. You are either a hardcore criminal like Biggie portrayed, an irresponsible young man like Nas did, or a peace activist, not all 3) . Whereas there wasnt one filler track on Ready to Die, it was simply amazing lyrically. The only reason I can think of is that Pacs Greatest Hits album is a more suitable blast out of your honda civic stereo than Ready to Die was, generally speaking.
    Believe me, the Pac v Biggie debate isnt where rap fans stupider fringe rear their head, its generally saved for Eminem debates (my sis asked me why I wanna go to Slane this summer despite always flickin the channel when Just Lose It et al come on. I explain Im there for his earlier work, tho i hear he plays little of it, and for the support acts)
    BTW im not downing people who blast their tunes- cant wait to have a car and do it for myself :) Aint nothin like crusin about with quality blarin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lamar

Atari Jaguar
    2pac......its not fair even to compare them......
    he made biggie..................if you dont agree with me **** you then but 2pac wins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

you cant blame 2pac cause knackers like him, snoop dre et all are scum bag favourites its just the way of the world. I love biggie but he was no major crack dealer either was 2pac sure he even admitted he tried to sell drugs and was crap at it and biggies mother said he made most of his songs up and he was no big time dealer. I personally like 2pac for the reason you dont which is that he rap'd about different things. I personally feel different day to day and dont want to listen to brenda got a baby when im pissed off and would rather listen to hit em up or against all odds etc and thats the thing that is different about 2pac and other rappers he had such a wide range of things to talk about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I prefer biggie's tunes, I never thought either of them were particularly cool (i never aspired to be a big fat crack dealer or a poncey ghetto poet wooing janet jackson) I never saw teh fus over the whole tupac/biggie beef, but when that was happening i was moving away from gangsta stuff.

atari jaguar it is.

gopher's summed it up pretty well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Cooler? Neither. They are both over-hyped idiots who got more hung up on global positioning than actual hip hop.

Give me Mac Lethal or Apathy anyday over these two clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

dlofnep wrote:
    They are both over-hyped idiots who got more hung up on global positioning than actual hip hop.

two clowns.

true dat!!!

Holla if ya hear me!

• Advertisement

Lamar wrote:
    2pac......its not fair even to compare them......
    he made biggie..................if you dont agree with me **** you then but 2pac wins!

You know it was you that inspired me to post this oh so tongue in cheek thread.
    You're a fúcking clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lamar

Atari Jaguar
    Makaveli wrote:
    oh so tongue in cheek thread.QUOTE]

dude is english you first language?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

2pac
    Lamar wrote:
    Makaveli wrote:
    oh so tongue in cheek thread.QUOTE]

dude is english you first language?

Jesus :rolleyes: You even made a mistake in your response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I've had enough, Lamar banned for a week for being a moron.

When he gets back in a week I hope he has brushed up a bit on his first langauge.
    clown

[edit] I see he wont be returning. Well until he opens a new account to circumvent the ban, which I'm sure he will do because he's a sad little twat.[/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Atari Jaguar
    byTha Gopher;"Ive never understood the skanger preference for Tupac over Biggie. After all, Biggie was a New York crack dealer who had served jail time
    When he blew up, Tupac was a former ballet dancer who claims to have sold drugs for 2 whole weeks of his life, if at all."

wasnt biggies "crack dealing" and "packin gats" just an alter ego he portrayed in his songs?

dont get me wrong i like his songs, mo money mo problems, juicy, and big poppa being my favorite ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Tha Gopher wrote:

Ive never understood the skanger preference for Tupac over Biggie.
    thats a little bit bit stuck up

i like them both there both "cool"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pen0s

2pac
    has to be biggie

2pac was hypocritical and i never really liked anything he did he is the fakest thing to come out of hiphop and i think its bull**** how anyone can really think he was that great.

lyrically biggie was far ahead of tupac he just didnt have the presence or the whole "respect women" **** down.he stayed true to what he was and pac didnt. and i have to add, the idea of "who shot u" released after tupac was shot was just pure evil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Atari Jaguar
    I like them both, but I prefer Tupac to be honest, probably because I have heard more of his stuff than I have Biggie's. In terms of lyrics, Biggie's rhymes were better I think but Tupac's were more poetic in their delivery eg Hail Mary. Tupac has been labelled hypocritical by many here but whatever about his past, he was embroiled in serious conflict which eventually left him dead. He was a mass of contradictions, granted, but he also admitted these and he sadly resigned himself to die because of the life he chose, "they should have shot me when I was born/ now I'm trapped in the motherf*ckin storm"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

2pac
    Biggie was the funniest MC to walk this earth,he could make me piss my pants laughin!Also he stayed true to the "streets/hood,w/e" and if these 2 battle it would be bye bye PAC!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

ok and people are to judge whos better between the 2 on whoever is more humerous?biggie loyal?thats humerous in itself..whatever rock you have been for the last few years go back underneath it....................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

2pac :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Intox

no offence to the mod, but i think its silly puttin threads like this, 2pac or biggie?! i mean c'mon its 2005

just because they had beef, how come nobody ever says slick rick or biggie, krs or 2pac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Intox wrote:
    no offence to the mod, but i think its silly puttin threads like this, 2pac or biggie?! i mean c'mon its 2005

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2769831&postcount=12
    I think that should give you your answer, he was taking the piss basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Pen0s wrote:
    has to be biggie

2pac was hypocritical and i never really liked anything he did he is the fakest thing to come out of hiphop and i think its bull**** how anyone can really think he was that great.

lyrically biggie was far ahead of tupac he just didnt have the presence or the whole "respect women" **** down.he stayed true to what he was and pac didnt. and i have to add, the idea of "who shot u" released after tupac was shot was just pure evil!

u are stupid, biggie coulnt rap and he had **** lyrics, he could bearly breathe, the fat ****, never mind rap. tupac was/is the greatest their will ever be, great lyrics, great voice and covered so many topics, definetly the best there will ever be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Oh christ, Lamar is back

You still hating Eminem because hes white more than anything? :D

moneyman wrote:
    u are stupid, biggie coulnt rap and he had **** lyrics, he could bearly breathe, the fat ****, never mind rap. tupac was/is the greatest their will ever be, great lyrics, great voice and covered so many topics, definetly the best there will ever be.

totally agree with u..it was ****in pac that made biggy..................and i dont give a **** what anyone else says but its the truth....

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Oh christ, Lamar is back
    **** yea he is back....you guys didnt think that he was gonna leave you did ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Fenian

For me it would have to be Pac, basically the man got me into rap. Some dis him because he contradicts himself on every second song, but thats like criticizing Da Vinci because he painted varies images on the ceiling of the Cistine Chapal.

No disrespect to Biggie, I think many of his songs are far better than alot of songs by Pac, but on the whole I think Pac captured more of the diversity of the Hood.

On one hand you have "brendas got a baby" (which i despise by the way) and on the other you've got "hell razor". Biggie never did anything as diversified as those.

And come on, Pac was just one cool looking motherfuker!

Fenian wrote:
    And come on, Pac was just one cool looking motherfuker!

ha i totally agree with that point anyway

• Advertisement

Fenian wrote:
    Some dis him because he contradicts himself on every second song, but thats like criticizing Da Vinci because he painted varies images on the ceiling of the Cistine Chapal.

Eh, no it's not. That's a pretty poor analogy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

2pac is the best hes a legend.:D

great....more and more people agreeing with me................

you are teh win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Fenian

It's a poor analogy becuase Da Vinci didn't paint the sistine chapal, I got it all pear shaped.Michelangelo painted it.

Indeed, I didn't bother mentioning that because it seemed nobody else noticed and well I had made my point/rebutle/whatever. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement