Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

knight and richardson called up to england squad

• 17-05-2005 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/LIST.ASP?HLID=277196

im not sure what the last word on zat knight was but this more or less finishes any hope of him playing with ireland.

as for richardson, i never rated him at united and ill be honest i havent seen much of him at west brom. how has been playing? what position?

if he turns out to be a good left winger it will be great news for england,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Pointless call-ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Pointless call-ups.

well i cant imagine them holding down a place in the squad never mind the team. but i was curious as to how richardson was playing this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

hes being playing very well, very impressive imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Both young players eligible for Ireland. Sven must be worried. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

i think kerr told knight to go do one when that story broke a few months back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

eirebhoy wrote:
    Both young players eligible for Ireland. Sven must be worried. :)

Unless this US trip is deemed an 'official competition' by FIFA (which I doubt it will be) both players would still be eligable to play for Ireland. Not that I (or Kerr seemingly either) would be particularily interested in having them in the squad. Says a lot when England are picking Ireland rejects! I guess at least that proves we can beat their reserve team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Pigman II wrote:
    Unless this US trip is deemed an 'official competition' by FIFA (which I doubt it will be) both players would still be eligable to play for Ireland.

really?

just goes to show how fickle(spelling?!) international football is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Pigman II wrote:
    Unless this US trip is deemed an 'official competition' by FIFA (which I doubt it will be) both players would still be eligable to play for Ireland.

It doesn't have to be an official competition, once they play in friendlies they cannot be capped by another nation, afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭shelsfan

What's Richardson's Irish connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Richardson has been unbelievable for the Baggies this year. Major reason why they survived imo. Dunno what his Irish connection is but I'd love to see him line out - rated him from the moment I saw him. Needs some work but a full Premiership season will have done him wonders.

Knight seems like a waste of time to me, don't think very much of him tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

shelsfan wrote:
    What's Richardson's Irish connection?
    I don't actually know, Sports interactive (Championship/Football Manager) are never wrong though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

ziggy67 wrote:
    No it has to be an official competition e.g. John Fashanu palyed a friendly for England then went on to play for Nigeria

Pretty sure if you play a full international for one country you cant play for another. Maybe the rule your thinking of is for underage matches they have to be competitive matches to bind you to that country. I dont think Fashanu ever played for Nigeria he has 2 caps for England and there wasn't options to change which country you played for in his day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

i think kerr told knight to go do one

what does that mean ?

I dont really rate either of them and Minglerland can keep them. No great loss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Dont think Knight would get ahead of O'Brian/Cunningham/Dunne in the back four.....also where would we put Richardson? Duff and Reid are twice the player he is....not sure if he will go back to Utd,.....they already have enought average midfielders.....West Brom are a good club for him.....makes him shine because everyone else on team are pretty terrible.....mid table player at best!!! leave them over that side of water!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

what does that mean ?

Loosely translated it means that Mr Knight can go find the highest bridge and take a running jump from it the glory hunting mercenary!

As for Richardson, I've personally slated him any time I've seen him play for Utd. but he's really come on since he went on loan to WBA. And as DoctorEdgeWild has said, along with the signing of Campbell he really has been the difference for the Baggies.

I thought the image of Richardson being carried off the pitch by the West Brom fans on Sunday was fantastic.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Richardson i wouldn't miss from the ireland team but Knight i would like to see. Dont really rate o brian very highly and cunningham is really gettin auld.. at least the honeymonster (dunne) could be a long term center back, so long as he keeps the weight off! I do think its one area of the irish team we really need someone to come in pretty soon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Richardson pre-loan was imo a failed youth team player, but he has come on leaps and bounds this season, and if you saw how the West Brom fans treated him after they avoided relegation then you'd understand how much helped them this year.
    He was a creative spark in quite a dull team, and was playing out of position the entire time, in central midfield!

Advertisement