Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One thing I've noticed since moving from Eircom to NTL

• 17-05-2005 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

The pipe across to lets say, servers in the US is much smoother with NTL. The speeds are greatly increased. I remember on Eircom 2meg, the most I could ever muster from a yousendit server was 60kb. No more.. This was always the same consistant speed. I figured it was yousendit's server limiting it's upstream for it's users.

When I switched from Eircom to NTL max, I started hitting 215k from yousendit's servers. This is leaps and bounds above Eircom's 2meg product. Now while it's not maxed my connection, my connection is just fine on other servers.. Just to make sure it's not the server, I connected my eircom 2meg back up, and low and behold 60k again.

Has anyone else had a similiar experience on servers not located in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

dlofnep wrote:
    The pipe across to lets say, servers in the US is much smoother with NTL. The speeds are greatly increased. I remember on Eircom 2meg, the most I could ever muster from a yousendit server was 60kb. No more.. This was always the same consistant speed. I figured it was yousendit's server limiting it's upstream for it's users.

When I switched from Eircom to NTL max, I started hitting 215k from yousendit's servers. This is leaps and bounds above Eircom's 2meg product. Now while it's not maxed my connection, my connection is just fine on other servers.. Just to make sure it's not the server, I connected my eircom 2meg back up, and low and behold 60k again.

Has anyone else had a similiar experience on servers not located in Ireland?

Should this post not read..."since I moved from eircom to NTL"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

****, pwned.

Advertisement