Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cant identify car...

Options
  • 17-05-2005 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

this has been annoying me all afternoon, went for a drive down around waterford city and as i was coming back in the cork road past the end of bunkers a car driving towards me caught my eye. Nice shape almost porche like but was like a firey red colour, the badge on the front had a small flower on it. first thing that came to mind was maybe a lotus but have been in their site and seen the lotus badge it was'nt one fo those. anyone any ideas what the hell it might have been.

did dome searching in google but can't find anything that looks like it having been in lotus, lamborghini, dodge, aston martin and various other sites, also tried auto trader to try pull up some exotic makes but nothing. cant find any decent sites that have car badges on them, any help much appreciated and if you can post a link to a manufacturer of a pic of their badge it might help jog my memory :)

it's just one of those really annoying and nagging things in the back of your mind that you just have to keep at until you solve it ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

mmmmm gto.......sweeeeet

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

no it certainly was'nt a mitsubishi badge, it's not a common badge, not seen it before so that's why it's annoying me so much, bloody nice car, from a distance it screamed porche but the badge really threw me :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I know I've seen this before, but I'm damned if I can remember what it is. Was it a round badge with a white flower, a bit like a large daisy or a chrysanthemum on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Is the car big or small? Two-seater?

Did the "flower" look like this?:toyota_logo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Kit Car?

Yes alun you are right it was a small round badge with some sort of flower on it (flower people flower! not a damn toyota, mitsubishi or any other regular car) and no ernie ball it's not a toyota :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Eye wrote:
    Yes alun you are right it was a small round badge with some sort of flower on it (flower people flower! not a damn toyota, mitsubishi or any other regular car) and no ernie ball it's not a toyota :p
    I'm racking my brains as we speak, I know I've seen it and I'm pretty sure I looked close enough to figure out what it was at the time, but I just can't remember ... old age, I guess. If I remember I'l llet you know :)

thanks, it's annoying the crap out of me and i wont be happy till i find out what it is :)

Can you give us a more detailed description of the car itself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Draw a picture for us maybe?

well if i could i would but as i was driving towards it i only had a couple of seconds to have a look at it, at first i thought porsche, saw 2 recently in waterford and a ferrari but it was only as it was getting closer i could tell it was'nt the badge for a porsche and started looking and saw the small round badge with a flower, by the time i could see it clearly the car was behind me and i had to watch the traffic in front of me.

nothing in any of those links that looks remotely like a flower tbh, those cadilac's dont' and the pontiac firebird....right.

not much of an artist so can't draw and like i said only got a very quick glimpse and saw the unusuall badge so looked more at that to see what it was than the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Eye wrote:
    nothing in any of those links that looks remotely like a flower tbh, those cadilac's dont' and the pontiac firebird....right.
    Everyone's a critic. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭lilulila

Theres two pontiacs up in hillview if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It must be a kit car...doesn't sound like any mainstream car i've ever seen!

by kit car you mean what exactly? a modded car done up to look good.
    i think not, this was a high end sports machine, not a civic with a kit on it. a proper sports car, like i keep say but nobody's listening .... think porsche that's what first jumped to my mind when i saw it, pretty sure it was a 2 seater and not a soft top i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Okay Waterford-based peeps, keep your eyes peeled we'll nail this one down yet! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭halkar

Now you got me googling, I want to know too :D
    Maybe it was Skoda, looks like a flower in round :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

It's a long shot but could it have been a Gordon Keeble. This doesn't have a flower badge in fact it has a tortoise (haha) on the badge but it might look vaguely flower like from a distance. Sorta. If you half close your eyes :)
    gordonkeeble.gif

your right it was a very long shot ;)

a bright green and yellow turtle might just stand out a little on a red car :)
    i think it was a dark grey/blackish badge with a light grey/white flower or something to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Another long shot, badge has a V but I suppose if could be mistaken for a flower...

This one's for sale at £24 STG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭masteire

i wasnt there but i'd say thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

A kit car is a car that you buy in a kit and assemble and engine yourself. They are usually fibreglass bodies and in the old days some looked pretty gammy , new versions are much better and depending on the care taken during assembly can look very much like a high end sports car.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Gatster wrote:
    Another long shot, badge has a V but I suppose if could be mistaken for a flower...

Interesting guess smile.gif

Doesn't look remotely like a flower to me, but the cars are exotic to be sure. The current model, the fetish rolleyes.gif has a price tag before VAT and VRT of €450k eek.gif

wallpaper1280_2.jpg

More like a bird, an eagle perhaps:

logo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote:
    The current model, the fetish rolleyes.gif has a price tag before VAT and VRT of €450k eek.gif

The interesting thing about the Fetish (stupid name) is that it's an electric car that goes from 0-60 in 4.5 seconds. It has a 180kW engine.

Unfortunately, the top speed is only 105mph. Not that I'd be driving faster than that, mind.

you know bazz 26, you could be onto something there, i don't remember it being a soft top but i could be wrong on that as i was'nt looking much at that area of the car, the general shape of the car and badge looks about right but cant really make out any detail on the badge from that pic, very interesting though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Eye wrote:
    badge looks about right but cant really make out any detail on the badge from that pic, very interesting though

Neptune's trident hardly looks like a flower now, does it? :rolleyes:

image002.jpg

Perhaps you should get creative and do up a rough drawing in paint / photoshop and publish it here

Advertisement