Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

?adding freedom from liabilty clause to website?

Options
  • 17-05-2005 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

Making a wiki site.
    little paranoid someone will put something stupid in it and someone else will listen.
    Would like some way of ensuring I can't be held responsible if that happens.
    On the other hand, the main point of the site is to provide unbiased useful information about its subject (which i don't want to mention on account of my aforementioned paranoia :S ). Saying "This is a community site, and while we moderate contributions as closely as we can, we can't be held responsible for the content. Use the information on this site at your own risk." detracts from the very credibility that I am trying to achieve with it maybe.
    Does anybody know about this sort of thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

put into context - even medical websites sites state that what appears is not medical certainty and to seek real life professional advice.

if you are allowing people access to your site, you can only ensure that the content is moderated to some extent, but even still a disclaimer would be an ideal fall back.

and it is something I dont think would detract from the website at all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:General_disclaimer - point in case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

further to pwd's question, i wonders if we can copy and paste from any other sites things like terms of use, privacy policy and disclaimer. my thinking is that no one really owes that kind of thing? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Ph3n0m wrote:
    put into context - even medical websites sites state that what appears is not medical certainty and to seek real life professional advice.

if you are allowing people access to your site, you can only ensure that the content is moderated to some extent, but even still a disclaimer would be an ideal fall back.

and it is something I dont think would detract from the website at all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:General_disclaimer - point in case :)
    wow that's one comprehensive disclaimer!
    Thanks Ph3n0m

Advertisement