Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Stamp Duty

Options
  • 17-05-2005 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

I just cancelled my credit card with AIB. They told me that the €40 stamp duty would become due. I said I paid this in April. They said it was due in arrears i.e. that the €40 I paid in April was for 2004. This €40 is for 2005. My memory is a bit hazy on this but wasn't the stamp duty increased in the December budget with the first payment of this new higher stamp duty the following April (of whatever year it was increased). Given that it's AIB I don't trust them very much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

AFAIK there is a €40 penalty charge when you close a CC account. You have gone one month into this year and so you owe another €40. Sucks I know:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Do what I did and I told them to RAM it.....Lets see how much they pursue it...

Advertisement