Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

98 Corolla Stereo Removal?

Options
  • 17-05-2005 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

I'v been messing about with this for the last hour, but can't get the bastard out. I know I've to pop the top section of the dash off to get access to the screws, but I can't seem to find whatever clips are holding it in.

Unfortunately The Install Dr. only has info on the US Corolla.

Anyone got any info/tips/sites that might be of use?
    Don't fancy paying a garage 70quid for 10 minutes work I should be able to sort myself.

Cheers,
    j.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

You should be able to get a flat driver where the stero enclosure joins the main dash.I think there is 5 lips holding it dont force it it should come out easily. Itc come in one with the stero and all .Its just a matter of getting the driver under it

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Yeah, I can get the screwdriver in there, and it looks like theres a thin joint at each side and one big think one in the middle. I can't get any of them to clip out though. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Turns out you have to clip out the section of the dash with the air vents and caution-light button to get access to 2 screw/bolts holding the top section down. The top then clips out without a problem. :)

Advertisement