Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Broadband - 2 months and still waiting!

• 17-05-2005 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Digiweb Satellite Broadband - Does anyone share my pain and frustration when it comes to this service? I paid for this on 11/May this year and STILL they have absolutely no idea when they're going to get around to installing it. :eek:

It may be good once installed (considering i have no other broadband options) but lord god is it crap service. I wouldn't mind but they never even rang me to tell me there'd be such a delay - i'm going to pester them every day now :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 JamesB

Does anyone know of any RELIABLE 2-way satellite broadband providers in ireland besides digiweb?

I'm considering cancelling my digiweb order, rang them today and they've yet to ring me back. Rang them AGAIN and they said they'd promise to ring me back and still haven't.

They still have no idea when it's going to be installed because they don't have a schedule made up and they have no idea when the schedule is going to be made up. So, in a nutshell they have absolutely no idea when they'll get around to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Unless my calendar works differently, that's 1 week since you paid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 JamesB

hehe Sorry! - 11/March , not may!

riiiiiiiight... If youre not getting any satisfaction, ring them, speak to someone who knows what theyre on about, ask them if they can provide an install date or if they know when theyre going to be able to install and if they can't give a date cancel the order. At least that way you won't be waiting for something thats never going to happen.

whereabouts are you anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I think you should have searched boards.ie for "digiweb" a bit, before signing up with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

rymus wrote:
    riiiiiiiight... If youre not getting any satisfaction, ring them, speak to someone who knows what theyre on about, ask them if they can provide an install date or if they know when theyre going to be able to install and if they can't give a date cancel the order. At least that way you won't be waiting for something thats never going to happen.

whereabouts are you anyway?

do such vendors come under comreg - you could make a fuss with them over this issue - i know they deal with telcos but not sure does satelite come under their remit

if in doubt, ring and ask..

in all likelyhood, ComReg are too busy fondling their own arses to worry about actually regulating anything so I'd say you'll get nowhere fast there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

i'm in the same boat-jamesb, the ****ers have been foggin me off as well. i'm based in navan where there is no other option for bb. i have it in the house for nearly two years and it has never been consistant. but in saying that, i haven't paid one cent to the saps!!!
    i have to use eircom dial-up as the back-up for there crap broadband service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 breffni_murdoch

You think you are having problems with Digiweb?
    I ordered on Dec 16th 2004 - and fully paid (over 2000 euro!!) by start of January 2005... after ringing their useless customer support many many times (and being fobbed of) I eventually got a letter on 1st of March (!!) saying the were having delays and I could cancel if I wished.... I waited 2 weeks on the off chance that I might still get it, and then sent in a cancellation letter which they confirmed they recieved, and confirmed the order was cancelled.

I AM STILL WAITING FOR A REFUND.... :(

Every time I ring customer support/accounts they say they are sending me a cheque... I have since threatened legal action AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T PAID ME!!!

I am now forced to actually take them to court to get my money back!!!

A warning to anybody thinking of getting Digiweb Satellite Broadband - DON'T DO IT!!!

Any body that did manage to get their money back please let me know!!

poxy luck breffini_murdoch!!!
    i'm still waiting on the ****ers!!!
    if only eircom got their poxy network set-up!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

Never nice to see customers getting messed around !!!

To show another side of the coin, i've had Digiweb for approx a year now and have never had any major problems with them. There was a slow down with downloadin' my mail, but they fixed that within a reasonable timeframe.

Tech support used to be great, but had gone downhill greatly, apart from that great service here, always consistant with downloads and sigup was done in 9 days which was nice.

On 3MB Bizjet package..........no cap :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You have Digiweb reselling ADSL, which has nothing to do with satellite which is what this thread is about. I wouldn't be surprised if the problem with the sat service is the satellite operator as opposed to Digiweb. Digiweb hasn't exactly been honest about problems with their sat service before.

There was a guy from Mediasat pimping for business here before, something like a free setup if you already have Digiweb equipment. They probably use the same satellite...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I was waiting about three months for a tech to install my wireless box on the chimney, it seems a hell of a long wait is par for the course with digiweb.
    My phone line has now been upgraded so I can now get adsl and ntl are also rolling out cable BB here in Waterford over the coming months so I'll be dropping them like ahot potatoe soon...anyone who messes around with their customers that much doesn't deserve the business

i agree with you Roen, but your one of the lucky ones. us poor feckers in johnstown(navan) will be waiting till next year for any kind of decent bb service.

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Roen wrote:
    so I'll be dropping them like ahot potatoe soon..
    Oh ffs,
    I just realised I spelled potato like Dan Quayle does....d'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bullfrog

you guys must of annoyed some one in there office, i have digiweb in virginia it brill, never had one problem, installed on time as well, the engineer that was out with me told me about the different areas with bad signals explained everthing, the problem with johnstown is a forest of trees in front of their base the johnstown side, also the new super value wouldnt help. stop complaining why dont ye help them get a patition for a new antanna in johnstown top of supervalue would be good idea, then you would have same service as i do nothing in my way of the antanna, you cant blame digiweb for the location of your own home, you choose that!

cram it up your hole BULLFROG!!!,
    run a post on digiweb and see how many people are affected by their crap service.
    the new antenna/base station you refer to is less than 6 months old. wouldn't you think, they the ISP would have chosen a better site, in order to service the johnstown area, seen as how most of the compliants about their BADBAND service came from the johnstown area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

heffo9 banned for a week for personal insults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bullfrog

heffo9 what is your problem, move house if you want broadband so bad. I did nothing to you only offer help it is the likes of you that would stop planning for a new antenna, how is business ment to surive with the likes of you. i'm sure you are in a minority with your complaints. and as for you personally your an arsehole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

bullfrog banned for a week too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 happlylad1979

i live in johnstown in boyne view, i have a perfect connection for about 6-7 months now, dont know what you guys are on about? my connection with digiweb has never failed me, heffo9 you must be in a hollow???, i have biz wave worth every penny, i think prices are also comming down slowly buts its ireland usually things go up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Clanc

I called Digiweb on Friday asking about Wireless in Navan. They said they are not accepting any new orders, nor billing their existing wireless customers at the moment. The main transmitter is offline and customers were having lots of interference.

Advertisement