Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy supplements - Leaving Cert

• 17-05-2005 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hiya Crowd,
    I am doing Leaving Cert and am finding it hard to stay awake and atay concentrating on study, am looking for 540 and so am going a bit overboard,

What should I do for energy?
    My mother is making me take ginseng tablets are they any good?
    should I stick with bottles of Lucozade/Bpm or are there vitamins/minerals/tonics which work?
    I am eating enough,
    dont take as much excercise as should but am not unfit???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭windowgazer

Try blucose sweets. They got me through the leaving cert. They're in all good chemists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

no no no they only give you a short burst of energy[before sports] and after you are wrecked

what you need are carbohydrates[pasta cereal etc] they wont make you feel better instantly but they will help

this is waht runners do b4 races they eat pasta for about a week before

and you will find yourself having more energy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

ye gotta make sure that your actually getting enough SLEEP!! if you're studying till all hours and getting up early, it's really unhealthy. You'll retain more if you aren't tired!
    Other than that a tonic like centrum 1 a day tablets will help. lucozade and all that is false energy, you need real energy!

dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

you need to be carefull with the ginseng too, if it's korean ginseng that;ll only give you a quick high and drop you just as quick, sending some people into the depths of depression.
    dont take anything that gives false energy unless you can afford to write of days when you'll be worse off for energy. what comes up must come down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

I recommend eating real food (not junk) and taking vitamin B Complex with C. Good for stress and makes your nerve endings all nice and calm. Also sleep, as Divers said.

• Advertisement
Advertisement