Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday's REAL Cup Final

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Slash/ED wrote:
    I'd rather educate you on the meaning of the statement "No team in Ireland has won more European ties than Shels"

Oh this just gets funnier and funnier! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Slash/ED wrote:
    I'd rather educate you on the meaning of the statement "No team in Ireland has won more European ties than Shels". Look it up, get a dictionary, ask someone if you have to.

Fine, since you want to get overly literal and live vicariously off technicalities then be that way. But, since your deliberately veiled ‘no team has won more’ boast also explicitly stated 'Ireland' it might interest you to know that Linfield have won SIX ties which I guess makes your original statement ... oh yeah ... still WRONG! Better stop using it quick.

Btw, whilst you're mulling on that you can read the new accolade I’ve just coined which is ‘no team in the Republic of Ireland has won more European ties OR WON MORE MATCHES than Bohs’. Man you’re right, that ‘no team has won more’ twist IS useful!
    So are you still confident it'll come true? :D

Sure, why not. Just two years ago Shels were losing at home to a team from MALTA and today they're the already the 4th most prolific Irish team at European level. If that can happen then anythings possible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Man, the bitterness! It sucks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Pigman II wrote:
    Fine, since you want to get overly literal and live vicariously off technicalities then be that way. But, since your deliberately veiled ‘no team has won more’ boast also explicitly stated 'Ireland' it might interest you to know that Linfield have won SIX ties which I guess makes your original statement ... oh yeah ... still WRONG! Better stop using it quick.

Btw, whilst you're mulling on that you can read the new accolade I’ve just coined which is ‘no team in the Republic of Ireland has won more European ties OR WON MORE MATCHES than Bohs’. Man you’re right, that ‘no team has won more’ twist IS useful!

No, I made a statement and you misunderstood it, I didn't 'twist' it any which way. Nothing to do with a technicality, you just didn't read what I said.

Slash/ED wrote:
    No, I made a statement and you misunderstood it, I didn't 'twist' it any which way. Nothing to do with a technicality, you just didn't read what I said.

An inaccurate statement so it doesn't really matter which way anyone takes its.

If you're being pedantic yeah but we both know I meant the ROI.

Slash/ED wrote:
    If you're being pedantic yeah but we both know I meant the ROI.

Do 'we'?

After all, you were the first one to start throwing dictionary's around need I remind you. Not so big or clever is it?

What are you on about? I wasn't being pedantic, I made a statement which you misunderstood. You're now being pedantic in some pathetic childish effort to score points or something.

Slash/ED wrote:
    some pathetic childish effort to score points or something.

Really? Well you would know, I guess. After all I'd consider a statement such as "Look it up, get a dictionary, ask someone if you have to." a pretty childish and pathetic point scoring response to begin with.

• Advertisement

I was only responding in the same stupid way you had when you replied after misreading the statement jumping head first into the reply and looking a bit daft :)

I agree, your reply did look a bit daft.

Slash, I accept that I misunderstood your post. In a thread that was rapidly descending into a series of ‘one-ups-manship’ type posts it was natural to conclude that the ‘none won more’ post was yet another (to use poker terminology) ‘raise.’ which was therefore meant to state Shels had won the most. After all 'none won more' can also mean 'most’ and if for example someone said ‘no team has won more league titles than Shamrock Rovers’ one would be forgiven to presume it meant they had won the most and that it was not necessary to ask ‘well do you mean most or just joint most?’.

I’m sorry if my ‘educate us’ post in response to that seemed as a slight to you. I honestly didn’t mean for it to be taken as such. I meant it as a challenge for you to tell me Shels superior achievement if indeed evidence for the statement (as I interpreted it) did exist. Bohs relative success in Europe is a topic that interests me immensely and I take pride in knowing that no team in ROI has been as prolific as us down the years. If this pride had been misplaced then I certainly wanted to know about it and figured the guy who made the claim (as I interpreted) would be able to expound on it. That’s all that post was about

That said tho, I feel that if you had concluded that I had misinterpreted your 'none won more' claim then you could have just said so plainly and cleanly on the thread and been the better man for it. I don’t feel you had to resort to ‘get a dictionary’, ‘go ask someone’ type language, a language that I found a very puerile and unnecessary even if you felt you were in the right.

Peace? …. Til Friday at least  :)

Yeah alright but it'll only be ten times worse come full time on friday :p

Advertisement