Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tranmere V's Hartlepool

• 17-05-2005 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

The super white army have taken it to extra time coming from two goals down! My heart is in my friggin mouth! I could yet be heading to the Millenium stadium on the 29th.
    Please, please don't feck it up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I hope they get through it for mcateer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

McAteer played about 5 minutes before he was taken off, head injury apparently. He was in tears in the dugout. TBH he's been absolutely dire for us since he joined.

Penalty shoot-out.
    It's a lottery now :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm actually up for Hartlepool as I want Wednesday to get promoted and the would have a better chance against 'Pool imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

AH! BBC don't have the penalty scores!

• Advertisement

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    AH! BBC don't have the penalty scores!
    They do. Currently 2-2 after 3 penalties each.

3-2 tranmere after 3 each!

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    3-2 tranmere after 3 each!
    No Tranmere missed their first one. 4-3 currently.

bah.

Yet again we lose out in a play off.
    Cant friggin believe it.
    /me wanders off dejected

• Advertisement

Tranmere 5 - 6 Hartepool (Penos)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Lovely....missed the game but this is a great result......road should be clear for the Wednesday to win this now....can't see Hartlepool beating us in a packed Cardiff with Wednesday supporters!!!!!!!!

Actually McAteer has had a good season on all accounts......

I go to 8-10 home games a season, my opinion each time I watch him - is that he is dire. No question on his work ethic, he's a worker and no doubt. Gives the ball away waaayyy too much though, and you'd think with his experience he'd have picked up a little trick or two in terms of intelligent play - not so, it would appear.
    But that's just my opinion.

Dr. Dre wrote:
    I go to 8-10 home games a season, my opinion each time I watch him - is that he is dire. No question on his work ethic, he's a worker and no doubt. Gives the ball away waaayyy too much though, and you'd think with his experience he'd have picked up a little trick or two in terms of intelligent play - not so, it would appear.
    But that's just my opinion.

Havent really seen him that much now :D not a big Tranmere supporter!!! lol.....from what I have heard and info coming from League One is that he had a good season and was one of the top players at Tranmere.....maybe info was wrong..... :D

Anyway who cares Shef Wed are through....only being given 33,000 tickets for Cardiff.....sure we could fill that twice!!! joke!! as if Hartlepool will fill there 33,000!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Any Wednesday fan who thinks its a foregone conclusion had better wake up. Hartlepool are no bad side, and AFAIK, their record against Weds is quite good.

I Honestly reckon its Hartlepool going up, as they have rode their luck to some degree, and I cant help but feel that SWFC will be a tad cocky going into it.

gimmick wrote:
    Any Wednesday fan who thinks its a foregone conclusion had better wake up. Hartlepool are no bad side, and AFAIK, their record against Weds is quite good.

I Honestly reckon its Hartlepool going up, as they have rode their luck to some degree, and I cant help but feel that SWFC will be a tad cocky going into it.

Tad cocky my ass......cant see Sturrock letting that happen......Wednesday have been in terrible form the last while and kind of fell into the play offs......Sturrock made sure that they got there heads together before the games against Brentford.....and the only person cocky for those games where the Brentford players but they where taken down a peg or 2...lol..

I think the occasion will be too much for Hartlepool.....Wednesday players are used to playing with a big crowd where as Hartlepool ain't

I doubt there'll be any complacency in the Wednesday camp. Hartlepool gave them their worst defeat all season last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

there wont be a slow start this time around against harlepool - boyd will be man marked.
    i honestly dont think we will be complacent-as nelly said sturrock wont allow it.
    gimmick said hartlepool may ride on the luck they have had to be at this stage-dont forget wednesday are also lucky to be there given there terrible end to the season.

Advertisement