Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voip phones at different locations?

Options
  • 18-05-2005 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

has anyone any solutions on how to locate phones in different locations in the house without running ethernet cables to each.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Use a DECT multi-handset with the base-station plugged into either an ATA, or a gateway/router with VoIP ports. That's what most people do - and it rocks :cool:

Have a peek at this thread: What is your VoIP setup?

hth,
    causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

what's the cheapest you could get a decent multi handset DECT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

You could try Power City or Argos. Another thing that's possible with GAP-compliant DECT base units and handsets is that you can use different OEM handsets on a single DECT base unit. I've got a Siemens handset running of a RecordACall DECT base.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Argos have a large range; I found Powercity had limited stock and tended to sell eircom phones.
    The more functions you want the more expensive the sets become.

Argos do the Binatone 800 as cheapest:
    double sets: €50+ (page 294)
    triple sets: €80+ (page 302)
    quad sets: €90+ (page 305)

[anecdote]
    Last year I bought an eircom quadpack from Powercity. The picture on the box showed an illuminated display - but the handsets didn't have an illuminated display. I'm asleep and the phone rings in the middle of the night - but I can't see the CallerID because the frackin disply isn't illuminated - so I switch on the bedside lamp to see who the hell is calling at that hour - but the lamp didn't come on because I'd plugged it out so that I could plug in the DECT station!!!! Nyarrrgh. I brought it back that morning :mad:
    [anecdote]

hth,
    causal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

Ebay item 6396575777 is good same as in Argos and new in Box, looks like ex-Argos stock, 551/7880 , he is in Galway, so cheaper delivery than in the listed auction, ask for the delivery I got it for £4.50 twice.

You will need an adaptor for the telephone plug from Uk to ireland. I got 1 in the local hardware for I think €3

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement