Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJ Agencies

• 18-05-2005 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I dont mean to be bitchy here , but a mate signed up for an agency called Star dj's in the hope of getting a work . He's superb at what he does but just cant get the contacts so it was an option he thought might get him a bit of recognition. He was asked to hand over almost 350 euro to do a dj course where they showed him how to turn on a microphone , use a set of cd players and turntables, plug in leads , was given 3 cds with pre recorded music that he could have put together himself while in the bath .
    Now correct me if im wrong here , but was this not a classic case of ripping off somebody who looked gullible .
    Not only that but they gave him a nights work , over 3 hours and paid him 75 euro .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

This might be a little unfair on the agency i always thought they were a fairly reputable company.
    why would yr mate pay the cash for the dj course if hes that good ??
    im sure his demo tape or cd wouldve shown that.
    if your mate looks that gullible phaps he should get himself an office job theres too many sharks in the DJ nightclub world theyll eat him alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

I have a mate who also signed up for them a few years back.
    They made him sign a contract which prohibited him from djing at any other gigs except the ones that they hired him for. There was other crazy stuff in the contract but i cant remember them at the mo.

He has since set up his own dj agency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

What's The Name Of Yr Mates Dj Agency? Bucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

but aren't Star Djs a mobile Dj company, weddings, 21st, Bar mitzvahs etc? I'm assuming you mate is into some sort of dance music, Did you get to mix and play his own selection at this job he did? or did he have to play from a set list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

how on earth can you "not get contacts"??? i never understood what people meant when they said that...

• Advertisement
Advertisement