Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

lights

Options
  • 18-05-2005 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭

i've decided i need to do something to get more light seeing as i do most of my driving at night and more often then not it's on unlit roads. i've been thinking of either a set of dippable spotlights or changing to high intensity discharge lights. anyone able to offer advice on either of these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Add-on Spots would be a heck of a lot cheaper than HID, assuming you could get HID kits to fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

ya i figured spots yould be cheaper. i'm willing to spend some money on this and do it right. i'd like to avoid massive extra lights bolted to my grille if i could. think this might do the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Given the price it would be nice to see it done in advance and ensure that the kit and lens you have deliver. No point in having the light up in the trees, annoying others, etc. If you have to get new lens also, could add another few 100 €, Otherwise, I see no problem with your approach.

do search about, there should be many sources for those kits out there;

see; http://www.velocitygetter.com/site/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

What kind of car do you have? There are upgrade xenon bulbs availabe for most cars from the last 7 or 8 years. They cost €30 to €40 per pair but are particular long lasting. Another trick to improve visibility is to clean your headlights regularly. After about 10 minutes of following a truck on a wet road, the ammount of crap thrown up on your headlights can reduce visibility by a staggering amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

you could try philips vision plus bulbs, much better than standard bulbs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

tis a 96 almera. i've tried the upgraded bulbs and they don't do it for me. what i want is a ****load more light

Advertisement