Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Graphics look exactly the same as on the GBA =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Tusky wrote:
    Graphics look exactly the same as on the GBA =/

In a way. The landscapes are more slanted to give a more 3dish feel, and the battle animations and a slightly different pan to them.

Also, the ability to do stuff like have 2 battles at once, ie One air battle in sky, one on ground, and being able to transfer units between different battles, as well as a rake of new COs and units!

It does look like the GBA version, but with all these new features its going to be just superb regardless of that fact....

....I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

yea...I dont see why they couldnt have made it prettier though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

The only reason in the world I would buy a DS would be for Advance Wars. Nothing on it so far really interests me.

So I get an email this morning with screanies of Advance Wars DS - woot, I say..

http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=634c263c-2554-4117-9c21-ee00cd721c11&link=side

Is it just me, or does it looks the same as Advance Wars 2 (which looks the same as advance wars 1!).

The only change I can see is 1 new 'missile strike' 'scene' and the 'scripted' shots have your captains logo in the top corner, bar that it looks the same. The units look identical, and the maps look identical.

WTF have they been doing for the last 2 years :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i still haven't finished the first 2 :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Retr0gamer wrote:
    i still haven't finished the first 2 :(

Ditto. All I have in my posession is my DS and both Advance Wars games. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Tusky wrote:
    yea...I dont see why they couldnt have made it prettier though.

I think the appeal of the game is its cute cartoony garphics. Touch screen c ontrol. Can't wait.

I still play the other 2 regulary.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Hands on @ E3:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/615/615790p1.html
    Don't expect a massive update to the Game Boy Advance game, but do expect something significantly improved over the original two Game Boy Advance Advance Wars games. This DS title hits shelves in August.

Sounds the biz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

finished the first on both settings, damn the harder one was difficult

but i never got around to finishing the 2nd, must get back into it

loved the multyplayer part

nothing beats sitting on a plane and kicking Sprinkles ass at advance wars :D

madrab wrote:
    nothing beats sitting on a plane and kicking Sprinkles ass at advance wars :D

Yeah its a pity you where never able to feel that satisfaction though, I guess you'll just have to rely on your imagination :D

BAM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i do believe i kicked you ass while i had only one arm! :D

Oh I do apologise. I think you did. But you had to wake me up to gloat so I guess it doesn't really count. ;)

Advertisement