Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Quake 4 Video

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

why can't i play this wmv--is someone taking the p1ss outa me, making me d/l 1.4M?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

It's a good video, having read the interviews with the lead people in ID from E3, I'm very keen to get this game (yes, I know, Fobia playing a game other than qw?!). Apparently most of that footage is about the single player game (that's the one thing that worried me, it didn't look like the multiplayer would be very good), and apparently the multiplayer will be quake III'esque with some addons and some oldskool stuff from q1 and q2. This is cool as people (me) will buy the game so that they can get the full experience as it were...

I approve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

The game is too cpu intensive and graphically demanding to be a good multiplayer. Just look at CS Source, its the same game on paper but it plays completely different to 1.6. In fairness the netcode for HL2 is utter ****e so maybe it won't be bad for Q4 but I have my doubhts.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

CH wrote:
    why can't i play this wmv--is someone taking the p1ss outa me, making me d/l 1.4M?
    Maybe because you only downloaded part of it. Its 53.6MB's big. If you download it all, you should then be able to play it.
    Anima wrote:
    The game is too cpu intensive and graphically demanding to be a good multiplayer. Just look at CS Source, its the same game on paper but it plays completely different to 1.6. In fairness the netcode for HL2 is utter ****e so maybe it won't be bad for Q4 but I have my doubhts.
    Eh, dude, you know this will be based on the D3 engine, not the HL2 engine, right? D3 could be played with a lot more than 4 players (which looked like an xbox limit, tbh) online, so I'm hoping for good things.

=-=

Nice video, but it looks too much like Doom3 :( except with a new story. Hope its better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yes I do know its based on the Doom3 engine. I meant to say that CS:S and Q4 are similar because both engines they us are very demanding and have **** netcode, and we know already how crap CS:S plays online so I don't think Q4 is going to be much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Well, if there's good money tourni's, my connection is good and if I have a new system to run it by the time it comes out, you can bet yo'ass I'm gonna be playing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭nag

CH wrote:
    omfg. what a pile of cack! i cant dl it either. it starts off fine but then it just hangs up on me! W-T-F?!

[edit]
    im currently dl'ing it off another site after googling for the file :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

Eh, dude, you know this will be based on the D3 engine, not the HL2 engine, right? D3 could be played with a lot more than 4 players (which looked like an xbox limit, tbh) online, so I'm hoping for good things.

have u actually played D3 online? It was beyond ****e I have a 3meg ntl line and couldnt ping below 300, at least in source is playable. If this is based on the same net code IT WILL BE ****E

Advertisement