Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sporting Lisbon V CSKA Moscow(scores will be included)

• 18-05-2005 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Can only see one winner to this game with Lisbon winning at least 1-0 or probably 2-0.....having home advantage is a big plus on there side and as Boro and Newcastle found out they are a decent team....

Anyone know if on Sky anywhere?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Its on either rte or tv3, cant remember which.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I seen CSKA beat Auxerre 4-0 a couple of months ago but I still think Sporting are a class above. Definitely a Sporting win, even if they didn't have the home advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

It is on RTE 2 at 7:30 tonight! Hopefully a competitive game!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's rubbish playing a European final at a non-neutral venue. There should be a backup stadium for the event that the holders reach the final, or else go back to the two-leg system. I've only seen the highlights of a few of the UEFA games, so can't really predict this one, but I'd have to go for Sporting given the circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

It's rubbish playing a European final at a non-neutral venue. There should be a backup stadium for the event that the holders reach the final, or else go back to the two-leg system. I've only seen the highlights of a few of the UEFA games, so can't really predict this one, but I'd have to go for Sporting given the circumstances.

WOuld have happened if Utd had got to the Final of CL a few years back and didnt Liverpool win against Roma in there home stadium???? seem to remember.....maybe wrong

Stadiums are picked at start of season so everyone know before competition start that the final will be there....just luck or fate if you get to play at your home ground for the final....anyway will be 50/50 not like home game 80/20 or so.....still is abit of an advantage

Seen them play against Newcastle in second leg and even though commentator was in French they looked a useful team and with the return of Viana I think they will win it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think CSKA will win on penos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Most people on the betting forums are going with CSKA.

UEFA CUP WINNER:

SPORTING: 31% [ 30 ]
    CSKA: 68% [ 66 ]
    Total Votes : 96

IMO that is because they don't feel the odds reflect the actual chances and people are voting for the team they'd bet on at the current odds. If the bookies odds were 50/50 for both teams I bet that poll would be a lot closer.

Seen as most people are betting on CSKA I'll wait as close as the kickoff as possible before betting on Sporting as the odds will probably rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Pigman II wrote:
    I think CSKA will win on penos.

You'll get good odds on that I'd say. Sporting in the 90 mins for me.

Pinilla is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I hope CSKA win. Moscow the largest city never to have won a European Cup (apparently!).

Shamrok wrote:
    I hope CSKA win. Moscow the largest city never to have won a European Cup (apparently!).

Makes sense considering it IS the biggest city in 'Europe'. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

g'wan cska! cavenaghi rules.....in fm anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

By that sort of reasoning the CL final should be moved to be more accessable to Liverpool and Milan fans, Turkey is a boody awkward place to have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

its on now.. im going for lisbon with all the fans and at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

What a goal thats all I'll say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

For who

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

CSKA are now 3-1 up. Exellent.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

mike65 wrote:
    CSKA are now 3-1 up. Exellent.

Mike.
    How did Sporting miss the chance 4 seconds before the goal? Open goal, past the keepr, off the post and back into the keepers arms! I couldn't stop laughing! :D

Never saw 3-1 happening but I always knew Sporting would bottle it somehow.

Also nice to see some Irish playing in a major european final .... U2 are on the p.a.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

That was an excelent match - more silverware for Abramovich!

Fair play to CSKA - against all the odds in Lisbon. The Lisbon lions for this century! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

anyone else think the winners should get an automatic champions league place? might make a little less mickey mouse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

pretty surprised to tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Strange game....was watching up till half time and Lisbon where all over them.....expect them to walk it....turned over to Championship playoff and when West Ham went 2-0 flicked over to see the score....nearly fell off the seat when I seen 3-1....wtf happened to Lisbon??? anyway congrats CSKA.....

Advertisement