Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boarding cats

• 18-05-2005 10:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

Hello all

I've a question for all of you cat owners out there - how far would you be prepared to travel to board your loved ones ? Would 1 hr be excessive ?

My wife is looking at starting a place and we're looking at areas on the East coast ...

Thank you !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The place we take ours to is about 25-30 minutes away door-to-door, which is OK. There are places that are closer, but nowhere near as nice ... the cats don't want to leave when we go and pick them up!

Whereabouts are you on the (rather long!) East Coast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

It would be around Dublin, probably north county Dublin.

Would 30 minutes be your limit ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

long_b wrote:
    Would 30 minutes be your limit ?
    For me it would be, since one of our cats doesn't particularly like travelling and starts to get a bit tetchy after half an hour. Mind you we had an old cat once where we had to stop every 5 minutes to clear up either sick, or wee or worse ... a nightmare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

cats hate to travel, but they do look cute with their little paws hanging out of the travel cages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Have never used a cattery for mine, much prefer to get a sitter in to look after them in their own environment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Fuzzie Bear

I think if you love your cat that much and there is a cattery that comes extremely recommended and is about an hour away, you would travel to it.

I know for my dogs, that I hate putting them in kennels and I've had really bad experiences before. But if I knew there was somewhere my dogs loved and that was recommended, I wouldn't see a problem with travelling - but thats me, I love my cavaliers !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Blondie81

There's a lovely cattery just outside Maynooth. She's a lovely lady, mad about cats. Friends of mine always board their cats there when they go away.

Advertisement