Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Checklist for selling a moped

Options
  • 18-05-2005 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

What do I need to be aware of when selling a moped (49 cc)

Here's my situation:

The bike has been off the road, in my shed, since April and is no longer taxed / insured. A guy is coming to the house to view it and maybe buy it for cash.

What forms need to filled out?

What does he need to sign ?

If he buys it and wants to drive it away there and then should I let him, do I ask him if he has insurance or is it none of my business?

Do I remain the registered owner until the "forms" go through?

Thanks in advance for your help on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

BUMP

Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

it's been a while since I last did this.. but his details should be filled in on the back of the registration cert, that sent off and he'll get his reg cert in the post. as far as I remember that's about the bones of it.

If it's not taxed and he wants to ride it without insurance I'd be wary as it'll still be registered under your name until the change of ownership form is processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Change of ownership form is required. You send this off.

Let him drive it away - the form will be dated and he will have signed it so you have some comeback. You are still the owner though until the ownership is transferred.

I have done this before and the person could hardly drive the moped and I had no problems. Either that or wait for 2/3 weeks while the ownership is transferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

Thanks rymus / downtime ... will try and download the form from the tax office.

Advertisement