Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP3 with PDF capability

Options
  • 18-05-2005 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Id love a decent MP3 player with 20 or 40GB hard drive that can view pdf files.. :)

am i asking too much? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

Interesting concept, can't say I've ever seen it done. I know of one or two that can read .txt files alright.

Sounds more like a job for a PDA to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

yea i was thinking that...

would be cool on an mp3 player though..

which ones can view .txt files?

The iRiver H10 can and the new iAudio X5 will too, i think. I don't know if there are limitations though.

Actually now that I think of it, what about one from the Archos line of media players for the .pdf ? Surely one of those could? Or be made to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

pauln wrote:
    The iRiver H10 can and the new iAudio X5 will too, i think. I don't know if there are limitations though.

Actually now that I think of it, what about one from the Archos line of media players for the .pdf ? Surely one of those could? Or be made to.

Yeah the Archos PMA400 has a pdf viewer, just checked :P simply put the thing rocks !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Wow that is a cool machine!

bit over my budget at €439 sterling though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I never leave home without it !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Of course if mp3 quality is not too important you could use a PDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Of course if mp3 quality is not too important you could use a PDA.
    I've often played mp3s on both my PDA and my MP3 player and tbh I can't hear much of a difference. I think it's more down to the quality of the headphones more than anything else.

Originally Posted by Achilles
    I've often played mp3s on both my PDA and my MP3 player and tbh I can't hear much of a difference. I think it's more down to the quality of the headphones more than anything else.
    That's like saying theres no difference between a top of the line Bosé system and a lidl special offer!
    What are you paying all the extra money for if there is no difference?

But as a general rule the headphones that come as standard are not of great quality and usually don't do the player justice, they really need to be replaced to make the most of your investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yea i was thinking that...

would be cool on an mp3 player though..

which ones can view .txt files?
    ipods do too...
    fairly damn handy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

tubeampcas_small.jpg
    a 1970's Tube Amplifier Jugg Box stuff 020G+ Cassiopeia E700

Advertisement