Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

12A Rating!

• 18-05-2005 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is 12A the dummest rating ever created! when you are in the cinema watching lets say LOTR or Star Wars III do you want kids getting bored within 30mins and when the parents don't do anything and it desterbs the film are you for or against 12A rating?

12A Rating Good or Bad? 11 votes

Good
    0% 0 votes
    Bad
    63% 7 votes
    Keep 12A but have 12 separate
    36% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I saw bring back the original classifications: G, PG, 12, 15, 18. all this nonsence with G, PG, 12A, 15PG, 16, 18, its, imho, totally fcuking stoopid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

that was uber fast i just posted this! didnt get to finish the pole before you posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Glipmac wrote:
    that was uber fast i just posted this!
    first up, best dressed. my mom taught me that one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

I like the new system, it gives the censor more choice, which means films are much more likely to get a classification they deserve as opposed to being rounded up to the nearest rating...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I don't care. I'm a big boy now and mammy sez I can watch whatever film I want - even the REALLY scarry ones!!!111!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Wasn't the over-12s certification always unenforced?

I remember the 15s and 18s ratings beings somewhat enforced (as in "you must be this tall" to see the film, it sucked being a short kid), but dont' remember the 12s one being enforced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i think they should just get rid of the 'A' parts in the rating

i.e. no under 12/15 can see the film
    afaik under 16's can see 16 rated films with an adult too, which i think is stupid(and leads to stupid ratings like garden state getting 18's)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Shouldn't parents get to choose what they want their kids to see?
    I mean they can rent the video for them no problem.
    And if kids start making noise, they and the parents should be taken out of the cinema.

To be fair, adults also make noise sometimes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

I think that 12 should stay but also have 12a that way no kids in the cinema :D then again if i had my way there would be a limit on who can go into cinemas e.g. chav's, L33t/eleite Speakers, who chat through the film and people who throw food :mad:

Advertisement