Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group purchasing through boards.ie?

Options
  • 18-05-2005 11:40am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭

I wonder if the Boards.ie team could make use of Fundable to provide a group purchasing capability to members?

~~~~~~~
    -Jim.
    http://eirepreneur.blogs.com
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I don't have time to look at all the ins and outs of it right now, but from a glance over a few pages on that site it appears to be an interesting idea. Are you thinking of purchasing batteries or did you have other applications in mind?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Batteries? No but that was the example of group purchasing they used ;)

However that's not to say I might not like to group purchase cheap(er) batteries in future. However I'm thinking more along the lines of electronic gadgets and PC, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

That's an excellent idea! I'd post in FS-> Bargain Alerts to guage interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

fantastic idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

This was quite popular back at the height of the dot com boom, are there many sites that still do it?

When you get into double figures (of purchasers) on electronics it really starts to make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

perhaps with a % facilitation fee going back to boards to help funding? that was boardsies still get cheaper gear, but boards gets some much needed funding?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This was quite popular back at the height of the dot com boom, are there many sites that still do it?

Letsbuyit.com I think was one of the biggies - think they're still about, in a reduced form. I wonder how it would work with a user base like boards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Fundable wouldnt work for us as if you check out https://www.fundable.org/ and read the 4th step in the diagram, you can see that unless I spend all day distributing stuff it wouldnt work. Thats not to say the general idea is bad, its certainly not. But something like Pigs Back might suit us better.

DeV.

Advertisement