Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Stick with the kebabs"

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think he should be promoted to something like Juinior Minister for Penalty Points and Clamping, should improve his re-election chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

In any other EU country I suspect he'd have been forced to resign by now.

It's a bit of a "people in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones" situation for spud munching bog savage Conor Lenihan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

pork99 wrote:
    spud munching bog savage Conor Lenihan.
    He's nothing of the sort. He's as establishment as it gets. Booze probably involved.
    Educated Belvedere College: UCD (BA [Hons] Economics, History and Politics): DCU (Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism): Executive Programme, European Business School (INSEAD). Former radio broadcaster with 98FM and Independent Radio News. Served as Political Correspondent at Westminster for the Irish News. Full time Public Representative and former senior executive with Esat Digifone. First elected 1997.

Personal Record:
    Member of Joint Committee on Enterprise and Small Business. Member of Committee of Public Accounts. Member British-Irish Interparliamentary Body. Son of the late Brian Lenihan TD, former Tanaiste and Minister and brother of Brian Lenihan TD, Dublin West. Nephew of Senator Mary O'Rourke, Westmeath and former Deputy Leader of Fianna Fáil and Minister. Grandson of Patrick Lenihan, Dáil Deputy 1965 - 1970.

Von wrote:
    He's nothing of the sort. He's as establishment as it gets. Booze probably involved.

He's in Fianna Fail. It's full of them. Doesn't matter if he graduated from Harvard, Oxford and the Sorbonne judging by what comes out of his mouth he's a mucksavage in a party of mucksavages :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Personally, I think he's being skewered by the political establishment for what was essentially a takeaway remark
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

he's a mucksavage in a party of mucksavages

You'd think that wouldn't you?

Fact is he was born and bred in Dublin and attended Belvedere (as someone pointed out a couple of posts ago). So why does he talk like Jackie Healy Ray?

Putting on a culchie accent to get ahead in Fianna Fail is a close to the definition of pure evil as you can get in my book.

Bertie is using his classic 'Nothing to See Here' approach that amazingly always works on our puny opposition who let them off the hook constantly.

What other 'civilised' country would the Leader be allowed to get away with blatantly lying about his qualifacations on his CV, pretending to have attended the LSE, been caught out on it and... got away with it.

The opposition parties need to start nailing FF's balls to the table every time they f uck up, which is pretty frequently.

magpie wrote:

Fact is he was born and bred in Dublin and attended Belvedere (as someone pointed out a couple of posts ago). So why does he talk like Jackie Healy Ray?

Well some of the biggest boggers in the world come from Dublin 4, you can meet very smart cosmopolitan people in the middle of Offaly or Roscommon (there's a few). For me bogger/mucksavage is more a personality type/state of mind than a regional label.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I'm pretty sure we're in agreement here :confused: , yep mucksavage is a state of mind, but this wankstain has taken it a step further by putting on the accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

pork99 wrote:
    Well some of the biggest boggers in the world come from Dublin 4, you can meet very smart cosmopolitan people in the middle of Offaly or Roscommon (there's a few).
    Only at the weekends and then only for the tax-breaks.
    For me bogger/mucksavage is more a personality type/state of mind than a regional label.
    "Mucksavage" has strong Limerick connotations.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,723 ✭✭✭✭walshb

gandalf wrote:
    And as usual he will brazen it out. Well what do you expect They drunk drive, tax evade, knock down people and none of them resign whats a bit of racism on the side :rolleyes:

Its a disgrace and if Ahern had a spine he would remove Lenihan from his Ministerial position.

You couldn't have put it better. People in high places in Eire neve resign, they either brazen it out or get moved to a diff dept. Total lack of standards, accountability and courage. Ahern is not a leader, he hasn't the guts to act. Lenihan should have been sacked, along with the Health chief in the OAP scandal, minister a the time the scandal broke, Martin Cullen for his shopping trips to NYC with that PR consultant who was given her position without the job goin to tender. McDaid for his scandalous drink driving. But like you said, that's the Irish way, BRAZEN it out...we aint got no Standards

• Advertisement
Advertisement