Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone customer service - advice needed.

Options
  • 18-05-2005 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

I bought a ready to go phone for my dad over a month ago. Cost me E69 with bonus pack which will give E80 call credit.

Phone arrived and I rang vodafone to get the free call credit. I was told you have to register on-line to get the credit. No problem I said. I registered my dad's details but when I tried to select the free call credit (when entering the IMI number) the system tells me my dads phone IMI number is invalid. I rang customer care again and the guy said he would log a call with support as they would have to fix/activate the IMI number. I carefully called out the IMI number and he logged a call to vodafone support. It transpires later that he switched a 5 for a 6 in the IMI number so support activated the wrong IMI number. To date I have rang vodafone 7 times. They have logged a call to support 3 times (the first time wrong IMI number was activated, second time vodafone sent my dad a text saying the problem was the IMI was invalid - please contact your agent (I bought it on-line FFS), the third call has not been answered yet). The last time I spoke to customer care the girl promised me she would ring me/keep me up to date etc. (as did all customer service agents I've spoken to - not one has rang me back). She said it would be sorted by today - Wednesday. She has not called me once however my dad received a call from another agent today saying "perhaps you didn't buy the bonus pack etc etc". She left a number for us to call back with our order number which I rang however this got me through to vodafones data department!!!!

I want to return the phone but the problem is my dad does not have the original packaging, but FFS I bought the one over a month ago. These calls have been logged since week 1. Vodafone, as far as I am concerned are breaking the contract sale as they are not honouring the credit agreement.

So what do I do? Is there anyone I can complain to? I have never in my life. come accross such shíte customer service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

go into a vodaphone store and **** on the counter.

demand satisfactory customer care, dont leave until its resolved, they will try and fob you off./

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

ferdi wrote:
    go into a vodaphone store and **** on the counter.

demand satisfactory customer care, dont leave until its resolved, they will try and fob you off./

What do I do though? Keep ringing the cúnts? I'm pissed off ringing them. I can't go to an agent as I bought it online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

daveg wrote:
    What do I do though? Keep ringing the cúnts? I'm pissed off ringing them. I can't go to an agent as I bought it online.
    best thing to do .... is ring them again.

Take a different approach, you shouldnt have to, but you will need to.
    Tell them you want to speak to a manager. Refuse to get off the phone until a manager speaks to you.

When a manager gets onto you refuse to get off the phone until the matter is resolved.

Its terrible having to be a difficult customer but sometimes its required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

daveg wrote:
    So what do I do? Is there anyone I can complain to? I have never in my life. come accross such shíte customer service.

hi, you'd best escalate it:
    http://www.vodafone.ie/aboutus/practice/dispute/index.jsp

if the 'regular' csr attempts not to pass it up the team leader keep quoting the 'Code of Practice' until they do

if you have the time, request the team leader arrange that the call centre manager contact you so you can inform them of the situation you have experienced

p.s. - also talk to the http://www.odca.ie/ and see what they advise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 R Ramirez

hi, you'd best escalate it:
    http://www.vodafone.ie/aboutus/practice/dispute/index.jsp

if the 'regular' csr attempts not to pass it up the team leader keep quoting the 'Code of Practice' until they do

if you have the time, request the team leader arrange that the call centre manager contact you so you can inform them of the situation you have experienced

p.s. - also talk to the http://www.odca.ie/ and see what they advise

Johnny Mobile was correct in his course of action..

You dont need to quote the Code of Practice to a CSR because the majority of them wont know what it is!

As for asking for a Call Centre Manager to call you back.. Thats never gonna happen in this case.. Its amazing what lengths people will advise you to go to.. Contact this crowd, contact that crowd.. I'd say that those people never get anything resolved.

Get on the phone and be an absolute nightmare of a customer.. Demand that your issue is resolved before you hang up the phone and that'll be enough... You've been to patient up to this point.. Its no wonder the problem has gone on for so long!

• Advertisement

R Ramirez wrote:
    You dont need to quote the Code of Practice

Code of Practice states:
    "[if] you are not satisfied with the response or solution from our Customer Service Representative, you can ask at any time for your enquiry to be transferred to a Customer Service Team Leader"

asking for the call to be transferred to a Team Leader is exactly what he needs to do... and mentioning that is exactly how I had my last Vodafone 'issue' moved up the chain when trying to get it resolved
    R Ramirez wrote:
    As for asking for a Call Centre Manager to call you back... Its amazing what lengths people will advise you to go to...

I said "if you have the time" ask to have the call centre manage contact you - doing that will allow you to show you have exhausted their code of practice and you can take it up with a third party (e.g. the ODCA) without them potentially referring you back to exhaust it

those responses look like they pretty much covers all the avenues

daveg - if you want to post a follow up to say how you got on PM me and i'll open it up again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement