Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps3 Price

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

You'd all better start pricing those 720p HDTV sets now aswell.

Dig deep lads.

/me hugs his 21" crt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Pfft.

1080p by that time, tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

Not that is a pissin contest or anything but I remember paying 279 sterling in Birmingham (another Irish imigrant at the time :( ) for the street fighter 2 super-nintendo console, thats was around about 1992 and the games cost upto 60 quid, (punts) so believe me we are getting seriously powerfull machines with games that cost waaaaay more to produce, for a lot less money, I think 500 euro is a fair amount, obviously I prefer it to be less, who wouldnt, but I wonmt whinge if it aint. Save your pennies, 6 months till Xbox 360, 12 months for the PS3 and 18 for Nintendo Revolution. 25 quid a week in your piggy bank and you've got em all :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No way on this earth I am going to be able fork out €500 notes for a machine, by the time you then buy a decent cross-section of the launch titles you could be adding €250 to that, stupid money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No way on this earth I am going to be able fork out €500 notes for a machine, by the time you then buy a decent cross-section of the launch titles you could be adding €250 to that, stupid money.

Stop crying and stick with last gen stuff then. Try buying similar specs on a pc and you would be forking out 1500e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

The smart move is PSP. PS3 wont be out for AGGGGES and there wont be many decent games for a while either (remember how long it took to make Half Life 2 and Doom 3) considering the workload that's gonna go into them.

Plus you WILL pay a TONNE of cash for a PS3. I'll sit happy with my PSP till at least the end of 2006.

Of all the new consoles, PS3 looks like the one for me but I won't be an early adopter. Imagine the tax on one of those suckers for an import? - Heh Can't wait to see the scandals on Ebay next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So is it after Xmas 2005 that the ps3 will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

cheesedude wrote:
    So is it after Xmas 2005 that the ps3 will be out?

spring 2006 it says here

thought they might have wanted to get it out before chrimbo myself

Jesus that is ages away. God damn!!!! I'll be in finals then! God damn Sony cocks!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Here's what to do, find a girlfriend/boyfriend,tell them you love them,get them to buy a ps 3,then it's a one way ticket to dumpsville....problem solved!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

The smart move is PSP. PS3 wont be out for AGGGGES

How is a PSP meant to bridge the gap to the next generation? It isn't quite the standard of a PS2.

Vyse wrote:
    How is a PSP meant to bridge the gap to the next generation? It isn't quite the standard of a PS2.

I actually think it is better because the screen is so ****ing ace!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Because PSP will have games from all the experienced and talented PS2 programmers so the work will go in.

You can see the care that goes into Ridge Racer and wipeout, labours of love if you will. -Background detail and attention to gamers needs whilst the heavy dev work on PS3 gets going.

Seems that some of the most skilled people in the business are making games for PSP if current content is anything to go by. They dont have to waste time learning new skills and can make really great games while the going is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

BloodBath wrote:
    Stop crying and stick with last gen stuff then. Try buying similar specs on a pc and you would be forking out 1500e.

Bit harsh, but true

Advertisement