Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anschutz Trigger Spring ?

Options
  • 18-05-2005 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi all, anyone know where I'd get a different weight trigger spring for my Anschutz 1710 ?, there are 3 weights apparantly, and usually the heaviest is fitted from the factory. I've mailed a few US suppliers, but anywhere local I might source some ?. Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Give Ardee Sports a ring, the Irish Anschutz wholesaler,

http://www.ardee-sports.ie/

041-685 3711

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭oldzed

What weight trigger pull are you after ?? my 1710d can be brought down to just under 2lb with the factory spring using the weight adjustment on the trigger mechanism , What are you intending to use the rifle for ?? if you need a very fine trigger you could fit a match 54 trigger but this will leave you with a trigger pull of a few ounces and only suitable for range use and no good for a lot of competitions , light rifle sils etc . Wolf gun springs in the Us do most springs for the anschutz including the 1710 . I have replaced the firing pin spring in mine with one of theirs and it brings down the lock time considerably . Let me know what you intend using the rifle for and ill give you some options,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

I've not found my niche as yet (so to speak) I had problems with the sighting setup up producing some bad groupings, but that seems to be sorted now.

Trigger was next on my list, it had a terrible amount of creep, so I adjusted the sear engagement and its nice and crisp now, I also backed off the weight adjuster as much as I could and its far better. Ideally if I can be happy with a 2lb pull that'll do (but I'd like to try a lighter one to see how I get on anyway). I've not measured the weight yet but will next time I'm at the range.

At the moment my intention is to shoot Silouette and maybe Gallery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Hi, just looked at the Wolf site. They are firing mechanism springs right ?. So you'd reccommend replacing the stock one too ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭oldzed

Hi , If you intend shooting sils and gallery , leave the trigger alone 2lb is fine enough, min trigger weight for sils is 2lb and if you go under that you will limit yourself to heavy class and cut down on your shooting opportunities , you will not see any benefit to a lighter trigger in these disciplines , where the light trigger shines is in benchrest but the standard trigger is fine , The trigger mechanism in the 1710 is as good as it gets there isnt a trigger in any other standard .22 that comes within a mile of it . if you want to upgrade the firing pin spring you can easily do that , you wont feel much difference but the lock time is much quicker and brings the 1710 up to the lock time of the kimbers. These ideas were shared with me by some friends of mine in the US who are gunsmiths and build there own competition rifles , I had the pleasure of using some of their rifles last year, fyi check out these beauties.These are fullbore heavy sil rifles , Ill try and dig out some of the .22 pics as well but these give an idea of the quality ,if its a new 1710 it will also be quite stiff and will improve over time by itself anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭gouda

oldzed wrote:
    Hi , If you intend shooting sils and gallery , leave the trigger alone 2lb is fine enough, min trigger weight for sils is 2lb and if you go under that you will limit yourself to heavy class and cut down on your shooting opportunities , you will not see any benefit to a lighter trigger in these disciplines , where the light trigger shines is in benchrest but the standard trigger is fine , The trigger mechanism in the 1710 is as good as it gets there isnt a trigger in any other standard .22 that comes within a mile of it . if you want to upgrade the firing pin spring you can easily do that , you wont feel much difference but the lock time is much quicker and brings the 1710 up to the lock time of the kimbers. These ideas were shared with me by some friends of mine in the US who are gunsmiths and build there own competition rifles , I had the pleasure of using some of their rifles last year, fyi check out these beauties.These are fullbore heavy sil rifles , Ill try and dig out some of the .22 pics as well but these give an idea of the quality ,if its a new 1710 it will also be quite stiff and will improve over time by itself anyway
    Is there a particular reason for the poor finish on the underside of the stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Is there a particular reason for the poor finish on the underside of the stock?

Possibly rubbed down so as to slide easily on the front rest ..
    (Just a guess..)

Advertisement