Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homer Rip

Options
  • 18-05-2005 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

my 2 1/2 year old male boxer, went 'missing' from my back garden sat evening while i was in work.. i realised he was gone around eleven and after few frantic hours of searching a family friend found him approx 25/30 km away from home dead on the main road.. a lorry hit him around 1 pm on sunday (local man seen this).. his new leather collar had a blue rope/twine mark on it and i'm presuming he got away from whoever had him (fair play to ye homer)..

i'm absolutely devastated as is my young daughter who is crying since waking on sunday morning.. i approached a local garda who is going to ring the station in the town where he was found, as a few dogs have gone missing in my area.. i will prob never know who took my dog only that he is now dead and maybe better off than with someone who doesnt' love him..

anyways.. WARNING to everyone, mind your dogs cos someone else could be watching them..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 sgmallen

I'm so sorry to hear that Lainey. My thoughts are with you and your daughter.

Thank you for the advice about keeping an eye on our dogs, it's easy to forget that somebody might be thinking about taking them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

i would never normally think horrible thoughts about people but i have to say, over the last three days, i have wished every kind of ailment and bad luck on whoever did this.. i wouldn't mind, they had their work cut out getting our horse over the wall, he was a monster.. a big soft eegit.. i'm sorry we hadn't trained him to bit the legs off intruders..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's a scam going on in the UK at the moment where people steal dogs, usually valuable pedigree breeds, and then ring up and demand a ransom to get the dog back. Could it be something like this?

Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a cherished pet is like losing a member of your family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

Alun wrote:
    There's a scam going on in the UK at the moment where people steal dogs, usually valuable pedigree breeds, and then ring up and demand a ransom to get the dog back. Could it be something like this?

no, people have said its either for 1) fighting 2) sell on.. we have his papers so would be no good for breeding.. he was pure breed brown boxer.. white neck and four white socks.. when standing up give me a hug, he reached my chin and i'm 5 11.. he was fairly big and muscly buy a soft auld eegit from being raised with kids i suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

My heart goes out to ye Lainey, really sorry.
    I hope the scumbag/s catch something unspeakable. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Very sad indeed.

I have a feeling that if someone robbed my dog they'd be back the next day with her - she's a bit demanding and frisky.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 sgmallen

There is a danger of dogs being stolen here in Ireland as well. Especially dogs that could be valuable in monetary terms or used for fighting. It is absolutely heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet and friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭golfgirl

How awful for you Lainey, it's bad enough when a pet dies naturally without having this happen. We had a boxer too, and we were crazy about her, they are such lovable dogs. And fair play to her for escaping that horrible excuse for a human being ... she was feisty to the end, and for that you can be proud.
    All the best.

Advertisement