Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Vs Novanetworks in Cork.......

• 18-05-2005 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Howdy all, as the title suggests if you had a choice, which one?
    I know a lot of the people on here with IBB issues etc seem to be up in Dublin but I am interested to hear of anybody elses experiences down in Cork.

Got a friend on the south Douglas road near the Chriost Ri girls school (she thinks it is Chriost RI anyway!!!) who is interestred in getting hooked up. Eirbomb is not an option as the phone lines coming into her house are messed up (probably the pairs split problem) and she cant get phoneline BB in.

Easiest option would be IBB's ripwave I supopse as she lives in an apartment and getting onto the roof could be a pain etc.

So any thoughts, comments etc from people on the cork setup woudl be aprreciated.

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

apparently ripwave is crapola. If getting the ibb breze free installation offer (before end of this month) isn't hugely attractive to you I'd say go for nova.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Novanetwork use the same tech as breeze so that wouldnt help either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

Getting it installed in an apartment can also pose problems since many apartment buildings don't allow them to be fitted. Just something to be careful about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭eoinok

Well I assume IBB and nova both use LOS dependant antenna's in the 5.8GHZ range........ the ripwave thing is slightly different alrite........

Anyone else have any thoughts????

Ya they use the same, so Ripwave would be your only option but even still, I wouldnt i no someone who has it in cork, SHOCKING!!!!!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

But sayin that ask do you mind you doing the antenna up there? Ya never know and iBB free installation till the end of may.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

I'm also deciding whether to go Nova or IIB in Cork.
    Have both got a backhaul link to the fibre ring ?
    Also in people's experience, will I have in any way consistent ping rates with either?

Many thanks

St.

I think ibb are gone down the swan lately, but that just my views, if i could change i would prob go to Nova but the free Installation is a advantage for ibb. Pings have been good with ibb thats one thing. Speed hasnt been good. And when they blame your router you just wanna laugh.

Advertisement