Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal issues with hyperlinking

Options
  • 18-05-2005 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Supposing XXX has a reseller extranet and it links to another site.
    One would imigine that XXX is not responsible for the contents of that other site???

How about if in thier terms and conditions they have

-The Programme(reseller Programme) is any XXX extranet and public www site (hereafter Site) and its contents for Resellers.

- All data, files, images and other information to which Reseller has access on the Site or as a result of participation in this Program will be used by the Reseller only to promote, sell, install and service XXX products.

Would those two statements in the T&C's allow us to convince a judge that XXX is actually responsible for the content on another site (they linked to), that is completely dedicated to XXX products???

Tnx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

There is no one here qualified enough to answer such a legal question - my suggestion is to find a solicitor who deals with internet law.

I will allow people to recommend such solicitors, but any attempts to answer directly will be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

Ph3n0m wrote:
    There is no one here qualified enough to answer such a legal question - my suggestion is to find a solicitor who deals with internet law.

I will allow people to recommend such solicitors, but any attempts to answer directly will be deleted.

1. Its just a semi-HYPOTHETICAL question and has nothing to do with the aforementioned companies - ive changed the name in any case (i just had it in there as an example)
    2. Im just looking to see what people think of such a case.

Why will you leave no one answer - there are alot of webmasters out there - and legal issues affect all of us.

how about all those domain despute threads.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Would those two statements in the T&C's allow us to convince a judge that XXX is actually responsible for the content on another site (they linked to), that is completely dedicated to XXX products???

By my reading, you are looking for a legal opinion on whether or not you can convince a judge about something or other.

As for your last point - I would not let anyone answer any kind of legal question, specific or in general - because if people where to read it and then use the "advice" given, there could be a backlash to boards.ie

When it comes down to unresolved legal issues, solicitors are the only people to talk to.

and finally
    how about all those domain despute threads........
    just what are you talking about?

Advertisement