Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where you hoping 2 go next yr???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

What does that mean?

As part of 1st yer Engineering in UCD, you have to do a language. French, Japanese or Spanish I think. If you get a C or better in an honours language in the leaving cert, then you don't have to do the language as part of the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

how do you mean it opens doors to media n business (two areas im actually interested in!)

Well it's a good basic degree to have. In doing a law degree it shows you are hard working, presevering, and capable etc. Esp degrees like legal studies and business studies in UCD, make business more accessible.
    For the media end of things, generally law students are good orators, intelligent etc. so will do well in media...
    However if you are *only interested in media and business, a law degree isn't the best...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

after much humming and hawwing between DCU and TCD i finally decided
    1: European Studies (TCD)- 530 not going to happen
    2: Sociology/Spanish (TCD)- 430- thats what i'm really aiming for
    3: Spanish/ Russian (TCD)-315(I think)

then a whole load of business and language courses which i so do not want to do. but most of them are higher in pts then my 3rd choice so tis all good!

does any have level 6/7 courses down? i forgot to even look at them! I might slap down tourism in DIT that looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

o yea, any one want to do Transatlantic studies in DCU?
    cos there's ten places in the whole country, and about 20 people in my school put it down first! it was 500 last year, i'd say about 570 this year, because i've heard of loads of other people who want to do it. including a girl who got 520 in her mox! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

is there ANYONE goin to ul?!

looks like it, the way the points are going...law and european studies, you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

Shyster wrote:
    looks like it, the way the points are going...law and european studies, you?
    business (possibly with french)
    was gonna do that course, but dont think i will

d'you know the munster and irish rugby team train there? boo yah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

*must get fit for next year, must see teams training...* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

As part of 1st yer Engineering in UCD, you have to do a language. French, Japanese or Spanish I think. If you get a C or better in an honours language in the leaving cert, then you don't have to do the language as part of the course.
    Do Japanese, its great fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 celticphoenix

Architecture or HPSS in UL
    Anyone else hoping to go to UL?? There sadly seems to be a lack of us doesnt there .... bah to UCD for stealing the show :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭bounceymousey

i hope to do general nursing in UL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

Anyone going to WIT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

anyone no where to get more info on going to college abroad? besides actually going over to the college (www.fitnyc.edu hopefully to do advertising)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Trinity for me, it's just the most convenient cos I can get the dart - UCD and DCU are a pain in the ass to get to from Bray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Consider yourself lucky Fishy, Im headin to Trinity (with the help of god and two policemen) in Sept. and Im goin to have to make my merry way from Clare.

Damn Vikings, making Dublin Irelands capital and damn English for filling it with all the colleges, and damn God for putting clare so far away from Dublin............Grrrrr........

deek wrote:
    Consider yourself lucky Fishy, Im headin to Trinity (with the help of god and two policemen) in Sept. and Im goin to have to make my merry way from Clare.
    Ah, but that means you get to live in the middle of town or in Trinity Hall or something! I think thta sounds like great craic, I'd love to live with other students, it's just not an option for me next year (though at least I still won't have to do my own laundry)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

There's noone doing Business Information Systems in NUI Galway next year no?

I might be. Thats a big might. Its one of my options. When I applied forst it was my second choice, i first thought it sounded really intresting but when I went back to change my mind and looked at the description it sounded a bit boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ashmurph

im hopin 4 pharmacy in reading, England. fingers crossed. anyone else headin across d pond?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 paddyreilly

Vainglory wrote:
    And for anyone with intentions to go to Galway....be prepared to put up with the most arrogant, pompous individual ever to walk the face of the planet in the guise of your Student Union president there...
    Jesus Christ, where did that come from?! I don't know too many people who'd call me arrogant. I'm guessing you don't even know me, or you just don't agree with my ideals, but there you go. The joys of being in the public eye, I suppose...

As for the term of office, it ends on 30th June 2006, and not at election time in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

im doing hospitality management in dkit!! :) with german!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

Arts in UCD tho I still have to decide on 3 topics prob History, Roman and Greek Civilisation and Archaeology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Red Soup

I'm going to Queens for music technology, or if i change my mind for some reason (i'm taking a gap year first), it's trinners science !!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 buttercup87

Arts UCD...... thinking of Economics, Irish and Geography....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Rredwell wrote:
    RCSI for Pharmacy.
    hey me to!! wel in trinity but RCSI is number two on my list! I also wanta to Law and psychology!! I cant choose!!AGHHHHHHHHH :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Arts UCD...... thinking of Economics, Irish and Geography....

Big big big thumbs up from me for Geography in UCD.

Enjoyable course, great lecturers, friendly department and the coolest people in Arts do Geography so what more could you want? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Theo Physics in Trinners.

w00t, not starting till mid october.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

Biological and Chemical science in UCC.

I got my Science in Trinity, which is great! Will I see anyone else there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i wanna do law with french law in UCD!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭GUBU

It's Arts in UCC for me...anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Errant11235

GUBU wrote:
    It's Arts in UCC for me...anyone else?

I'm doing Physics and Astrophysics there.

Advertisement