Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sometimes insurance Companies get it right

Options
  • 18-05-2005 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Reading all the threads about how car insurance companies get it wrong can make one depressed, however sometimes they do get it right! Had my car broken into on monday morning, window smashed and radio taken. Got the guards out who sympanthized and logged it, such is life. Rang the insurance company (AXA) at 9:00am. Got straight through to real person who again sympathized, took details, was at pains to stress that my NCB would not be affected and then patched me straight through to one of thier garages to arrange repair and a replacment car while the work was been done. Arrived at garage at 11:00, damaged asset and told that it would take until the following day to fix and given courtesy car. I was telephoned the following day by the garage when they said they would and told the car was ready. When I picked up the car damage was fixed and the car was cleaned inside and out for go measure. So what started out as a miserable week was made bearable by efficient and courteous staff at both the insurance company and the garage. There is hope yet that some people do take customer care seriously.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

... just as well you weren't with Quinn-Direct mate... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

you would have had to pay to transfer your insurance to a garage car (about 50 quid as far as I remeber), they probably would contest that you didn't declare that your car would have been parked on that particular street over night. Glass probably isn't covered and your stereo was probably not under the €25 value cap cover on the policy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Nice one im with axa, good to know if anything goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

gorm wrote:
    Got the guards out who sympanthized and logged it, such is life.

Isn't it amazing that we no longer expect the guards to do anything except log the damage so we can put in an insurance claim :(
    gorm wrote:
    Rang the insurance company (AXA) at 9:00am. Got straight through to real person who again sympathized, took details, was at pains to stress that my NCB would not be affected and . .

Unfortunately, you may find yourself tied to AXA for a number of years, because while your NCB isn't affected, most insurance co.s ask if you've had a claim in the last 4-5 years, and you have, and when AXA give you you're NCB form at renewal, that info will be at the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

seeing that they are making millions this should be the norm, perhaps your experience will be the exception to prove the rule. You are the first person _ever_ that i have ever heard with anything positive to say about the insurance companies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

edmund_f wrote:
    seeing that they are making millions this should be the norm, perhaps your experience will be the exception to prove the rule. You are the first person _ever_ that i have ever heard with anything positive to say about the insurance companies

With FBD and never have a had problem with them...good price, and good service....everyone rants and raves here about insurance companies but they dont read the poilcy in the first place....everyone goes for Quinn and are told 30-40 times there policys are crap and then cry when something goes wrong......

My point: READ THE POLICY

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

I'm also with AXA and right now I'm feeling glad that I shelled out an extra couple of hundred for going with them. I got a much lower quote from Quinn, but after chatting some people in the know (who said that Quinn are dodgy IF something goes wrong) I decided to shell out extra cash for a fully comprehensive AXA policy.

At least I know I'm in safe hands if something goes wrong. And at the end of the day, it isn't that much more expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gorm

Borzoi wrote:
    Isn't it amazing that we no longer expect the guards to do anything except log the damage so we can put in an insurance claim :(

Yes, he did offer to contact forensics but it would be "afternoon" before they could arrive. I couldn't use the car and even then the chances of lifting good fingerprints was low.
    Borzoi wrote:
    Unfortunately, you may find yourself tied to AXA for a number of years, because while your NCB isn't affected, most insurance co.s ask if you've had a claim in the last 4-5 years, and you have, and when AXA give you you're NCB form at renewal, that info will be at the bottom

Interesting.. my renewal is due next month and I always shop around, so I'll see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Borzoi wrote:

What do you expect them to do in this kind of case? If someone had seen it and it had happened recently enough, they would probably bring the person for a spin to see if they could recognise the thief - other than that, I don't see that there is much that can do

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

you would wonder why they go to college at all.. i thought they would be learing about what they 'can' do in situations like this, they are meant to be professionals after all - of course, i apologise 'they have limited resources'
    the only advantage in reporting it is that it is required by the insurance companies as far as i know, at least their statistics will be up to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

edmund_f wrote:
    you would wonder why they go to college at all.. i thought they would be learing about what they 'can' do in situations like this, they are meant to be professionals after all - of course, i apologise 'they have limited resources'
    the only advantage in reporting it is that it is required by the insurance companies as far as i know, at least their statistics will be up to date.

Yeah, but my point is that I don't see what they can do after an hour or so has elapsed?

Advertisement