Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Kit installation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I did it my self, (a HCB-300 aswell) took about an hour or 2 nothing major to it once you could get at the wires and knew which one was which. How much did it cost you out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

paid €125, might give it a go myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

CarKits.ie Install Only - €75.00

cheers sounds reasonable

Stekelly wrote:
    paid €125, might give it a go myself.

Same as what I paid, got it of EBay just after christmas.

I identified all the cables by checking what was going in to the back of my cd player then trunked the car kit cables on to those. I had a problem finding the ignition one but you can get it of the cig lighter if you cann't find it. After that I just had to find a hand spot for the box and speaker. AL the cable including the mic were easy enough to tuck away. Going to get the Adavnced Mute cable for it at some stage but its €50 so im in no hurry :)

• Advertisement

Rew wrote:
    Same as what I paid, got it of EBay just after christmas.

I identified all the cables by checking what was going in to the back of my cd player then trunked the car kit cables on to those. I had a problem finding the ignition one but you can get it of the cig lighter if you cann't find it. After that I just had to find a hand spot for the box and speaker. AL the cable including the mic were easy enough to tuck away. Going to get the Adavnced Mute cable for it at some stage but its €50 so im in no hurry :)

I got it through work and got the Advance mute for an extra €25. The carkit.ie site above says €329 for kit & installation. install alone costs €75. is €250 the rrp for these? Even happier with th eprice I got after I saw that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It's not too hard to install yourself once you take the time to read the instructions and identify the cables. Take your glove box out and you have tons of room in behind it to work at.As for the mute cable, seems like a rip off. I know for Nokia kits you just need to connect a cable that's already on the kit to the mute lead on your stereo. Once the stereo picks up a signal on that lead it mutes.

Its an Advnaced Mute, the kit has a mute lead as standard but the advanced mute lets you output the kit though all 4 car speakers instead of the one Kit speaker.

I priced the kit in a few places and it was €200+ generally. Picked it up on EBay no probs. The mute lead is alot harder to get at a decent price though... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Ahh i dig it.

Rew, the cable that goes to the ignition, do you know if it goes to the switched power cable or the permenant live one?

• Advertisement

Not sure what you mean. There are 2 power cables u hook up, the first id the permanent 12v the 2nd is the ignition 12v. The ignition 12v volts should only be live when the ignition is turned. The ISO bloke on your car stero should have both (if you have an ISO block) if not you cig lighter should alos be the ignition 12v. If you mean what I think you mean its the switched power cable. As long as there both 12v you wont do any damage but the kit wont turn off with the ignition (and will drain the battery).

I had a prob with my car coz the lazy bastards trunked the permanent 12v to make what was supposed to be the ignition 12v. I ended up using the 12v from the lights that the radio uses to bright/dim the display with the lights. I drive with my lights on so it dosn't make a diff to me. I didnt have tools to go taking appart the dash to get to the cig lighter.

Let me know how you get on. :)

The ISO block on the radio has 2 power cables , a permenant on one and the switched one that has a double adaptor on it with a free slot, the install manual for the car kit says used the switched power so i think im right, cheers for the help.

It seems to be working.

Thats sounds right. Hows the advanced mute working out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

hi guys.

i just wanted to know if anyone knows where to get a cheap ck-7w carkit.
    then i will get it installed by carkits.ie as they are cheap and pros.(hopefully)
    thanks

Have u tried EBay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

drdre wrote:
    hi guys.

i just wanted to know if anyone knows where to get a cheap ck-7w carkit.
    then i will get it installed by carkits.ie as they are cheap and pros.(hopefully)
    thanks
    £68 on www.mobilefun.co.uk but you would probably get better deals on ebay.

Advertisement