Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Casting in X-Men 3

• 18-05-2005 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

They've just cast the role of the character Beast - here
    Kelsey Grammer got the part.

Interesting move, i think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

smiaras wrote:
    That could be a horrible move. Although it says they are only in talks.. so hopefully they won't go down that road.

Grammer is a perfect choice for Beast though. And Maggie Grace is an interesting one for Kitty Pryde. She's great in Lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know... I can see it.

I'm just worried about the film since it's out of Brian Singer's hands. The bastard. Who cares about superman? The X Men are far cooler, and X2 was honestly the best sequal to a comic book film yet, so why jump ship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Personally I think both X-Men movies have been a joke. I found them terribley edited and dont get me started on wolverines carefully gelled hair and nicey nice attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

at least theyre finally bringing beast into it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Not looking forward to this nearly as much now that Singer isn't involved. Fingers crossed it doesn't let the first two down (best marvel comic book films by a mile).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭americanCat

i've found the x-men movies enjoyable but not entirely true to the comics.. lol kelsey grammar as the beast?? that should be great ^_^ i'm looking forward to seeing the third movie even tho i didn't particularly like the second one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

The only way this can be better than X2 is with Gambit.

The director is a good one, but I can only really judge him on Layer Cake which is a lot different from what X3 will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

I hope Kelsey Grammer is the right move 'cause Beast is seriously cool and I wouldn't like to see him ****ed up.(wonder will he be CG or the ol man-in-a-suit?).
    I personally think someone like Ray Winston would be better as Juggernaut. He's bulkier and more intimidating. I think the idea behind trying to cast Vinnie Jones was that he's meant to be polar opposite of Xavier ,so what's more opposite to a intellectual than a brainless thug ie: the kinda of character Jones is known for. That's what I've gathered from my reading anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

The only way this can be better than X2 is with Gambit.

Absolutly. I was shocked that they did not have him in the first 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

i'm really looking forward to this as it's the phoenix storyline which i liked in the cartoon, yep a big x-men fan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

You know i think that this might work. I mean when i think of Beast in the cartoon series with his little glasses on and an open book in front of him, Grammers voice suits the character that i think of. He has an air of intelligence.
    It will be interesting to see for sure but i am not disheartened.

Have to disagree with Karl though...
    I'm just worried about the film since it's out of Brian Singer's hands. The bastard. Who cares about superman? The X Men are far cooler, and X2 was honestly the best sequal to a comic book film yet, so why jump ship?

I am glad to see the movie is out of Singers hands. Brian has been hesitant with this franchise since he started IMO. The original was lacklustre at best. X-2 was a huge improvment over the first one but i still thing that there was a long way to go.

Is NightCrawler coming back cause he was my favourite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

Grammers voice is perfect for beast but i don't know how it will look because beasts not going to be pure cgi it's going to be grammer in a big blue suit to a certain extent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 i R baboon

film_gonzo wrote:
    I personally think someone like Ray Winston would be better as Juggernaut. He's bulkier and more intimidating.

good call dude, ray winston would be class as juggernaut, vinnie jones is class but winston has the shape and hes more ferocious lookin(in football factory, i wouldnt look at him the wrong way). also i have to agree with karl bout losin singer, the last two were cool. but id say he be the right choice for superman and i read today that hes stickin with the original costume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

OY wrote:
    Is NightCrawler coming back cause he was my favourite?

I really licked him in X2 as well but the actor who played him hated the makeup and the fact he had to spend 5 hours + getting the makeup put on every day and has said he would never do it again.

And I do hope Gambit is in X3 so he can be killed off in the first 10 seconds and then Marvel can kill his worthless ass in the normal comics as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Venom wrote:
    I really licked him in X2 as well but the actor who played him hated the makeup and the fact he had to spend 5 hours + getting the makeup put on every day and has said he would never do it again.

That sucks. One of the highlights of X2 IMO. That opening scene when he attacked the President was the coolest! I also thought that he did a great job as NightCrawler, i loved the religious aspects to the character.
    I am sad to hear this. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I'm a bit worried that as Kelsey Grammer is doing the voice over to a CGI character that Beast will sound like sideshow bob! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

They're using prosthetics, not CGI, which im pretty happy with too.

one of the chicks in work said she heard a rumour that the part of gambit is possibly goin to ,wait for it, jonny depp. i know, mental, he be class. dont know whether its true or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i R baboon wrote:
    one of the chicks in work said she heard a rumour that the part of gambit is possibly goin to ,wait for it, jonny depp. i know, mental, he be class. dont know whether its true or not

Was just thinking about what he'd be like as gambit and i think he'd be perfect.

• Advertisement

i know ya, he be cool. i also heard jaquin pheonix, also good, but j d be mental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The new director confirmed.. Brett Ratner (director of "Rush Hour" series, "Red Dragon")

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=7679

Advertisement