Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus Accommadation

Options
  • 18-05-2005 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,
    Im doing a post gad next year in UCD. Im thinking of living on campus and have just recieved a form or it. It says that no visitos are allowed. How strictly is this enforced?
    Thanks,
    A.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

aingeal wrote:
    Hi,
    Im doing a post gad next year in UCD. Im thinking of living on campus and have just recieved a form or it. It says that no visitos are allowed. How strictly is this enforced?
    Thanks,
    A.

HAHAHAHAHAH

eh, dont worry about it, you can have all the visitors you want, i know people on campus (belfield) and i come and go as i please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

not enforced at all lived on campus for 2 years. ney bother at all, ya can have a different fella every nite( round for tea obviously). if ya want and no one will raise an eyebrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

pfft, what nonsense, I've crashed on the couches of many a ucd apartment.

It just means that they'll break up particularly rowdy parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Night of the freshers ball it was particularly well enforced.
    Roebuck is the worst for it, have stayed many nights in merville and belgrove though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

ferdi wrote:
    i know people on campus (belfield) and i come and go as i please

Ditto.
    Don't worry bout it, they don't enforce this at all.

Typical f**king UCD, puttin the wind up potential Freshers. Grrrr :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Take it from me that it never happens. never stayed a night in Roebuck (or even been over there) so i don't know. AFAIK roebuck is a bit different to merville or belgrove, anyone confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Glenomena is the postgrad accommodation and it is ok. stayed there this year.. not sure I'll stay there next year. It's expensive for what it is.

1. there is no oven
    2. tiny little freezer compartments
    3. laundrette is a pain in the a$$ broken a lot of the time and busy

other than those points.. there is definitely no problem with visitors, my boyf was up most weekends .. odd weeknights .. never had a problem.

rooms are nice, big enough, nice desk. They're en-suite, brilliant power-shower but it's not electric.. works on immersion.

oh and electricity is run on a meter.. costs a bloody fortune, on average 10euro a week per person in the apt (6) and it eats it. cards on sale in Centra.. nearest and pretty much only shop! it's open until 8pm.. which is early enough closing time, and if you run out of electricity after that good luck to you!

ammmm that's a bit of a rant.. do the pro's outweigh the cons?? I don't think so. It's expensive rent wise, it's expensive regarding laundrette (€5 on average), no oven, no facilities what so ever...

Oh but there is 24 hour WIRELESS broadband connection.. which is super fast and really nice too... helps tip the balance a little!!

rant over!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 P O'Neill

How much is student accomadation in or around UCD these days? Im doin my LC at da mo and im thinking of moving out for college? Also are there alot of ppl who sell grass in UCD? I know its a bit off topic but my mate wants to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You do know that drug tests are part of the requirements to get into accommodation on UCD? There is also randomn drug searches about twice a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

they also run through your internet cache see what type of stuff you're into.

• Advertisement
Advertisement