Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT broadband with Line Rental for €49

• 18-05-2005 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Anyone considering this? Seems like the best compromise for those of us who cant get smart or IBB. Still line rental but at least it is discounted and you dont have to pay Eircon anything.

Downsides are only 1MB/128k and 12Gb cap. Both of which I could live with. Am I missing anything?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Anyone considering this? Seems like the best compromise for those of us who cant get smart or IBB. Still line rental but at least it is discounted and you dont have to pay Eircon anything.

Downsides are only 1MB/128k and 12Gb cap. Both of which I could live with. Am I missing anything?

Their billing system is notoriously unreliable and up to recently they had a Chief Exectuive who seemed to take an interest in customer complaints but he has now gone so you takes your chances.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Well, Eircom are still getting the lions share of that €49 for the line rental and the RADSL broadband.

Still not a bad deal relatively speaking, I considered it but went with Irish Broadband's 2Mb Breeze in the end ...hopefully I don't end up regretting that decision :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

dub45 wrote:
    Their billing system is notoriously unreliable and up to recently they had a Chief Exectuive who seemed to take an interest in customer complaints but he has now gone so you takes your chances.......
    Im with them for BB (2mb) anyway and have had no probs to date..... Plus its no minimum period so its would be pretty easy to feck off from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

dub45 wrote:

Don't know about their broaband but I'm still getting threatening letters for not paying my "Advantage" bill when I never even signed up for their poxy advantage package! Ringing their billing dept. and customer complaints achieved nothing, I had to cancel my direct debit and move to UTV LOL out of the frying pan and into the fire! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

The billing is terrible! There is no communication whatsoever between different BT departements - I'm still getting threatening phone calls and letters about them cancelling my broadband service - even though I had only signed up to their free trial and cancelled it over 4 months ago! Must be costing them a fortune to send registered letters......

• Advertisement
Advertisement