Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up an internet cafe

Options
  • 18-05-2005 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine in North Dublin wants to do this and is looking for help. Anyone out there know of someone who can configure six computers and put some sort of way of billing on them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

iwb wrote:
    A friend of mine in North Dublin wants to do this and is looking for help. Anyone out there know of someone who can configure six computers and put some sort of way of billing on them?

Some friendly advice...i done this last year, i had a server and 6 client pc's running. you will have no problems in setting it up yourself. 6 pc's 1 server and a hub, and your win 98/xp cd will configure the connection for you.There is loads of cheap billing software out there. Problem is, there is not a great interest in this anymore, My business went belly up, people prefer to have their own pc at home, rather than sit amongst strangers.

Best of Luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

I don't know if he really expects to make a lot of money from it. From what I understand, this is a community hall or centre of some sort and they have six computers that are just sitting there gathering dust. They already have broadband, so there is little expenditure. Also, they have a large number of foreign visitors every year who would probably use it.
    Now, while I appreciate that the bits are probably out there, these guys aren't very computer literate and don't have the wherewithall to load software and so on.
    What they probably need is for someone to go set it all up for them and show them how to manage it day to day. Also, the operating system needs to be locked down in some way so that the guys using it don't screw it up. I'm sure that's all standard procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

PM me and I can direct you to a new start up company that I do business with that should be able to organise at a very reasonable rate for you

Advertisement