Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ipods?

Options
  • 18-05-2005 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

I have a feeling there are new ipods out. Game just posted a 40gb Ipod photo for the price of the 30gb and a 40gb normal Ipod for the price of the 20gb.

Guessing its not a new generation, just incremental hdd upgrades.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

You shouldnt get an Ipod anyway there are way better MP3 players that cost less money out there

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

still the 4th Gen ones but now the photo is only in 30Gb and 60GB

you only get the USB cable no and no dock as standard with the high end
    no 40GB b+W

Check out www.apple.com/ie for pricing , discounts on the education store also

the battery life is still crap but its the interface , scroll wheel which sells it too u

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

formatman, was there a 40gb photo available? It certainly looks like other retailers are doing that model anyway now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Yeah there used to be a 40GB photo model.. but not since the models changed earlier this year (http://url.ie/8l). The 60GB price dropped as well, but so did the accessories included in the box, as formatman said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Akula wrote:
    I have a feeling there are new ipods out. Game just posted a 40gb Ipod photo for the price of the 30gb and a 40gb normal Ipod for the price of the 20gb.

Guessing its not a new generation, just incremental hdd upgrades.
    I think they have to lower prices to be competitive, because the glut of other mp3 players on the market

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

but ipod doesnt have to compete on the technical or price side because they are just a fashion icon. So when your sister decides she wants an mp3 player because she all into music now cause she listens to the killers . And if you happen to be away that day or something she will without out doubt buy an iPod. Thats how it works , they are the Dell (curse that word) of mp3 players,

but ipod doesnt have to compete on the technical or price side because they are just a fashion icon. So when your sister decides she wants an mp3 player because she all into music now cause she listens to the killers . And if you happen to be away that day or something she will without out doubt buy an iPod. Thats how it works , they are the Dell (curse that word) of mp3 players,
    It's a well designed *fashion Icon* I think it's more than just a fashion icon, it may be the thing to have, but it's in that position for a reason, good design and manufacture. The fact that it's a good mp3 player also helps

tallus wrote:
    It's a well designed *fashion Icon* I think it's more than just a fashion icon, it may be the thing to have, but it's in that position for a reason, good design and manufacture. The fact that it's a good mp3 player also helps

I hate to start this whole thing again , but it is little more than a fashion icon.
    It lacks many of the functions of its competitors yet its up there in the prices .
    Why might this be ? Is there something about iPods we dont know - do they hold the secret to eternal life or a list of 100% garuanteed chat up lines or something because judging buy the product someone at apple hq is p***ing themselves laughing in a pool of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

True.. There are much better players out there, for much better prices.

In general, internet users would be more up to date on technology than the average citizen, that's why you will see the top 10 players on the likes of www.amp3.co.uk never really have iPod at the top. iRiver has been higher since the release of the H1XX and now with the H3XX too.

iPods success is due to marketting. The fact apple was a huge company before the iPod meant they had the name to fall back on, and the money to invest. It's worked out very well for them.

I've never seen an add for iRiver but they manage to secure the top spot continuously.

The Cowan iAudio X5 when released will be the best player out there. I think it may be quite pricey though.

iRivers sell themselves. I got the h320 and as a result my bro is looking at iRiver mini dvd players ect ... just because of the sheer execellence of my mp3 (mp4 apparently) player.

• Advertisement

Agreed, I-river make some nice hardware :-)

amen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

hmm

a fanboy forum would be a good idea.

mabye i should suggest the creation of one

Advertisement