Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NWA Ireland

• 18-05-2005 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Did anyone catch the interview with one of the trainers from NWA Ireland in the Evening Herald tonight?

Nice interview, interviewer actually asked some decent questions instead of the usual patronising bull**** that most journos ask

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I think it's really cool the amount of media coverage local pro-wrestling is being given in Ireland recently. Add this to IwW's article in the Sunday World last week and altogether it's been a good week for pro-wrestling. Congratulations to NWA.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I saw the Iww article in the Sunday World last week, was good. The more nationwide press for local pro wrestling the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Its great that there getting more and more coverage. Some of his reponses puzzled me. Fergal Devitt quote, "I dont know if I'd sell myself to the cartoon charade standards of the WWF". Thats a ridiculous comment. Dont get me wrong Im critical about some of the stuff in the WWE but the last word I'd describe Angle, Benoit, Guerrero, Rey, Shelton and I coulld go on would be cartoonish. These guys have been wrestling longer and better than Devitt and he's in no position to be judging them. A few of his other comments i thought were silly but hey fair play to him for getting the exposure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

"I dont know if I'd sell myself to the cartoon charade standards of the WWF"

I think that is a fair enough statement to make - I dont think its aimed at the wrestlers, but aimed more at the sometimes ridiculous soap opera type storylines we, the viewers, get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Ph3n0m wrote:
    I think that is a fair enough statement to make - I dont think its aimed at the wrestlers, but aimed more at the sometimes ridiculous soap opera type storylines we, the viewers, get

It might not be aimed at the wrestlers, but, it seems to imply that those wrestlers on wwe are sell outs. Which would be a silly thing to imply. And lets face it, if wwe called at his door with a leprechaun costume in one hand and a contract in the other, chances are we'd be seeing wee fergal o'blarney on smackdown faster than a canadian can boo shawn micheals. And who would blame him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Cactus Col wrote:
    It might not be aimed at the wrestlers, but, it seems to imply that those wrestlers on wwe are sell outs. Which would be a silly thing to imply. And lets face it, if wwe called at his door with a leprechaun costume in one hand and a contract in the other, chances are we'd be seeing wee fergal o'blarney on smackdown faster than a canadian can boo shawn micheals. And who would blame him.

dnt know about that, those canadians can boo pretty damn quickly....lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

Personnaly I think what Fergal ment about WWE was that if a wrestler is over in the Independants why can't he be over in the WWE as the same person? Although I couldn't see Proto-type as the WWE champion. WWE does waste very good talent that can be over in other companys. Except for A-Train.

As far as Irish wrestling goes. Its great to see the promotion bytching over with and both companys focusing on exposing their companys. It gives Irish wrestling a real chance of growing.

Advertisement