Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zakk Wylde

Options
  • 19-05-2005 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

what are your opinions on this wonderfull man? he's IMO the best guitarist ever! the pinch harmonics send shivvers up my spine! what a legend!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Yeah, I like what I've heard from him. I heard the demo tape he sent to Ozzy before as well and it's impressive how good he got after 4 years playing. He's got a great work ethic too and gets across in any interview I've read with him that you need to practice practice practice if you want to get anywhere on the guitar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

i love his accoustic version of "spoke in the wheel"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Amazing guitar player but I think he has still yet to write a great song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Yeah he's a legend alright ...massive presence aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doomsdayjeezuz

his best stuff ever writin IMO is on.....

Black Label Society - Blessed Hellride

if u like good riffs and good solo's...... GET IT! and there's a great soft ballad on it too, my fav album ever!

ZWS.bmp

HELL YEAH!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

He's good but I haven't heard him do anything that I consider to be exceptional

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I think the man is very uner-rated.

If you're looking for somethign exceptional you should listen to Ozzys 'Live in Budokan' album.
    Although he's playing old songs, he makes them sound amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Good guitar player, bit overboard on the pinch harmonics.
    Has been really ****ed up since dime's murder, so i hope he pulls himself together and gets through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

He's pretty good, not a bad singer either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Yeah great guitarist imo.

I got some Black Label Society albums awhile back and I think thery're amazing..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i do not like the blessed hellride. the best stuff is all on Pride And Glory, 1919 for the heavier stuff. book of shadows is unreal too. the acoustic version of stillborn also is unreal. the songs back with pride and glory were way better as they were written more as a band than he does now.still i love him, had a dream he gave me his sawblade guitar last night. was greeaaaat

Slurms wrote:
    Good guitar player, bit overboard on the pinch harmonics.
    Has been really ****ed up since dime's murder, so i hope he pulls himself together and gets through it.
    he threw a tanrtum last week on stage, apparently is gonig into rehab according to some sites.

yeah he had a fight with his wife and then chucked his orange bullseye LP into the crowd and walked off stage. poor guy.

Not trying to be anyway bad but......fair f*cks to the guy that got the guitar!!!!

How long did he know dime anyway ??

the roadies told security to make sure that the guitar didnt leave the building. :D

as for his relationship with dime: i dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

They started hanging out after they did the cover shoot for Guitar World together, the one where they're both in combat gear. Think that was in 2002 maybe.

Man I wonder how p1ssed your man was when he got it taken off him :)

0utshined wrote:
    They started hanging out after they did the cover shoot for Guitar World together, the one where they're both in combat gear. Think that was in 2002 maybe.
    i think it was before that because that was when the two of them were trying to get eddie van halen to come back and play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭scion

He is a great guitarist and Speedball is an amazing track, its on the 1919 Eternal album...

did any of you guys hear his christian rock stuff?? ha ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I like him though I reckon he needs to diversify his style a bit. Its a bit samey. Not in the same class of Randy Rhoads for me. But hes a great player. Loved his first album with Ozzy.

• Advertisement

Christian rock ?? Please tell me he's only taking the p1ss,he doesn't come across as the Christian type tbh....

i do not think he has any christian rock stuff. i have all his albums and do not think i am missing anything though he is a christian himself.

Advertisement