Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best stronghold hairgel?

• 19-05-2005 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

ive been experimenting with different gels and cant seem to find the right one. What hairgel do you use and what is the best stronghold one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I've used 'surf hair' by garnier fructis for two years. What's a 'stronghold' gel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

the stuff that stays hard and keeps the style in place throughout the night! Does fructis surf do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I use a bit of Brylcreem the blue gel one.. it's in a tube, not tub. But since it's grown a bit I use that then 3 puffs of a hairspray.. I'll get the name of spray etc.. it's real good! I can sleep with it in and still looks good in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

ffs first the mens clothes thread and now this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

weedhead wrote:
    ffs first the mens clothes thread and now this??

well men do wear clothes and believe it or not have hair too!!! :D

....although i do love your signature! classic!....."your crazy...but i like you"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Shockwave's Ultra Strong! Excellent stuff!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I use Fructis Ultra Strong Fibre Gum Jelly (in a little green tub)

Fructis Ultra Strong gel (in the green tube) is almost as good

Shockwaves does something that's kind of similar to the first one, in a grey tub. Nearly as good, but not quite as good. (It sticks to dry hair, whereas the Fructis stuff glides through it more easily).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Ah yes, garnier fructis does just that. Really well. It doesn't make your hair rock hard however, it gives it a matte effect. It's the strongest gel I've come across. And it smells lovely too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Wez wrote:
    I use a bit of Brylcreem the blue gel one.. it's in a tube, not tub. But since it's grown a bit I use that then 3 puffs of a hairspray.. I'll get the name of spray etc.. it's real good! I can sleep with it in and still looks good in the morning
    So are there hair sprays for men now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

well men do wear clothes and believe it or not have hair too!!! :D

His nick in "weedhead". maybe he believes in leaving his hair au natural or has dreds.;)

used to have quite short hair and used brylcreem wet look gel. now its a bit longer i use brylcreem modeling putty. i have really, thick hair and it needs uber reinforcement for any kind of stlying, even though i'd consider the styling very mild by current standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

if you really want you hair to stay in one place for the whole night you could put hair gel and then hair spray over it. Granted it takes a bit of washing to get out but i have massively frizzy hair and it works for me!

ionapaul wrote:

Nah, it's not mans stuff, but it works a treat! It's a liquid and squirts, not really a spray, but basically it's the same.. I'm telling ya's, don't knock it before ya try it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Well I find most gels that are labled "strong hold" heh but it you want rock solid, not gonna move unless you blow-torch it, use a wax ;)

downside of wax is, its a whore to wash out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

You should try American Crew Fibre. Real strong hold and washes out easy too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

ionapaul wrote:

I would imagine they are unisex

^^^^

Exactly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

depends on the length of your hair! when it is short i ues this fhm gel thingy...its in a blue tub cant remember its name and when my hair gets longer i use dax wax the red type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I've a mad head of hair that just does its own thing... tried so many gels and waxes. The one I find that works best is Tony & Guy X-Wax, you can get it in Boots, it's about $14 a stick but worth it. Works great, plus it doesn't give your hair that awful shiny wet look that most gels and waxes do. It was odourless until recently, they have added something but not too noticeable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

red dax is what i use

does what i want it too do but hard to wash out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Yes, There is hairspray for me now, Has been for quite a while, I used to have vo5 freeze spray, Brilliant, Infact so good, one of my friends nicked it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement