Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATTN: WiZ & DubDVD

Options
  • 19-05-2005 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

I couldn't resist, had to pre-order: http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=18560

With my OCZ 667MHZ DDR2, 3.4GHZ 'chilled out' to 4.2GHZ, and soon-to-arrive SLi, i should be right on top of you two in the bench's ..mwahahahaha! better get that danger den stuff on ASAP to bump up those scores a little!!

Aaaannnnyyyway, looks like it should be a cracking board!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

somehow i dont think dub is gonna be worried... There's a reason he hasn't been online all week.. tweak tweak tweak ;-) Must give him a bell n see if he's still married(doubtfull..)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Will you use your machine for anything other than benchmarks?

Who cares how fast you can run SuperPI to 1x10^6 places. People will still round it to 3.14 or even 22/7.
    Stop wasting money on watercooling kit because you bought a silly Prescott and instead spend the cash on getting a 2-way Dual-opteron box.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

hmmm 2 way...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Jammer wrote:
    I couldn't resist, had to pre-order: http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=18560

With my OCZ 667MHZ DDR2, 3.4GHZ 'chilled out' to 4.2GHZ, and soon-to-arrive SLi, i should be right on top of you two in the bench's ..mwahahahaha! better get that danger den stuff on ASAP to bump up those scores a little!!

Aaaannnnyyyway, looks like it should be a cracking board!!

I had my old system last year ,running at 667mhz and my old P4 3.4 running @ 4.2GHZ stable ...on a old moped Radiator and some old tea machine tubing with a garden waterpump ..Have a look at some of my old pictures HERE and posts if you dont beleive me .So if i didnt need the top of the range watercooling kit to get the highest score in 3DMARK05 on a single card on boards .so its all kinda old news to me jammer :cool: ..but you seem to forget im running a FX55 which as we speak is the fastest gaming CPU out there And its been 64bit for a long time now "more old news";) and WizZard is'nt that far behind me with his 3800+ veince ..BTW in case you hav'nt noticed we also both have SLI ..SO tell us again ..why either of us have to be worried :rolleyes: ..it will be nice to see your scores ....but come on now ...Dont just be talking about it "we can all do that till the cows come home" ...........show us...

NANA NA NANA :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

eh wtf?

• Advertisement

unklerosco wrote:
    somehow i dont think dub is gonna be worried... There's a reason he hasn't been online all week.. tweak tweak tweak ;-) Must give him a bell n see if he's still married(doubtfull..)

:p i just had to get that of my chest ..lol..it might have something to do with the fact that its almost 5am in the morning and i still hav'nt tweaked my GPU BIOS's to the right voltage and mem...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Lads, seriously.

Rulers out, cocks on the table.

Settle this once and for all.

Were not that bad :D but my da is bigger than his da ...and if you beat my score ill get my big brother after you ...and ill call your dog a cat ...and throw a empty crisps rappers in your garden ...so dont mess with me man...im on the edge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

How much is a dual opteron system? :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

No need to be like that dub, i was only messin :(

Not only benchmarks, no, i use it for looking at boards too!!

Dual CPU systems are a waste of money, how many applications make use of having symetric CPU's? very few!

Dub, did ya not notice thats an Intel SLi board, not single card..we'll see :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Jammer wrote:
    No need to be like that dub

He's just tryin to rise ya :p anyways look at the time he posted at id be cranky too at 5 - actually was up studying at 5 and i was cranky.
    He's just toying with ya - all in fun.Get your maaaaachine goin and try beat him, go go go go

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Jammer wrote:

Dual CPU systems are a waste of money, how many applications make use of having symetric CPU's? very few!

bulls*it, dual cpu systems are the best of the best, 2 x dual core opterons or even single core phase change cooled would whip any system out of it. Only problem is they are SERIOUS cash. and i think that system u preordered could be beaten but the latest AMD's. Intel laughed at amd using 64bit (theythought it was ahead of its time and no need for it), now look at them , they are playing catch up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

That looks like a savage board alright Jammer! I still think I'll beat you in benches though ;)
    What SLi cards are you getting? I see nobody has come too close to my 3dMark05 score on boards yet?? </gloat>

I'm just ordering some more insane stuff to go into my new case, arriving next week. Going to do a full mod job on it too :D

New Coolermaster Wavemaster for sale in a couple of days!

Oh, and I think I've blown my DFI board! :(

gline wrote:
    . Intel laughed at amd using 64bit (theythought it was ahead of its time and no need for it), now look at them , they are playing catch up :D

[font=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] Run, run, as fast as you can
    You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man [/font].

AMD

WizZard wrote:

Oh, and I think I've blown my DFI board! :(

Ya didnt :eek:

Nukem wrote:
    Ya didnt :eek:
    Well, currently in talks with DFI to see if I have to RMA it. If so it'll take me a while longer to get up and running again.

But I suppose it might give the others a chance to shine in the 3dMark thread :D

am waiting to see if when get any ultra's in work, if not 2 of your finest 6800GT's, BFG OC!

Been on to marketing in UK and they said they would send me 2 ultra's, but they're not sure of the price here, wait and see...

Hmm, with Ultra's you may pass me, but it's not for sure! I'm already running past Ultra speeds - no idea what speeds dub's gotten.

yeah, but my thinking if the GT's go up 150mhz or whatever it is, then chances are the ultras will go up too :p

Nah, unfortunately that's not always the case! Ultra's will go up, but often not by much. There is a much greater chance that the silicon is maxed out in the Ultra's. Plus the memory timings are a lot looser.
    There are some fantastic Ultra's out there, but they're not as sur to be good overclockers as the GT's.

• Advertisement

it's lookin like i'll get 2 Ultra's for the price of 2 x XFX6800GTs on overclockers + €100

Its worth the extra €100? or would it be money better spent on another RAD...hmmm

Hmm, if it's only €100 then I would get them, but it's up to you. Would you be better off getting another (bigger) rad and cooling the GT's enough to get higher speeds?

how did u blow the board wizz?? And let me know about the wavemaster i may be interested in buying, if u are thinking of selling.

gline, def selling the Wavemaster in the next week or two.

A bad BIOS flash caused it, it's just the BIOS chip that seems to be screwed - I can't even boot to a DOS floppy to reflash the BIOS ! :(

Gonna try a hot flash tonight if I can, with another chip.

WizZard wrote:

Gonna try a hot flash tonight if I can, with another chip.

that should work, PM me about the wavemaster.

jammer btw i was only rising you ...i dont take my computers that serious ..it does look like a sweet mobo ..and if i had'nt spent so much on this fx55 i would be first in line for buying one as i find asus a very stable overclocker ...it would be nice to see what scores you get...but you wont beat me trust me ..i have a little something up my sleeve ...so it does'nt matter if you use ultra's on water ;) ...

dubdvd wrote:
    i have a little something up my sleeve ...so it does'nt matter if you use ultra's on water ;) ...

peltiers??? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

i bet he's going to work in a research station in antarctica for 6 months to get 27 more 3dmarks

sionnach wrote:
    i bet he's going to work in a research station in antarctica for 6 months to get 27 more 3dmarks

you were'nt mean't to tell eveybody ...that's the last time ill tell you anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

fs you were meant to wait till someone took my offer of a bet

Advertisement