Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATTN: WiZ & DubDVD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

lol you wounld'nt of even got evens on that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

anyone want to get together and built an LN2 rig??? serious. or a cascade system?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Id put a few quid towards it...

iui think we should get a team together from boards, maybe in conjunction with www.custompc.ie ??? and build a worldclass rig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

there'd be war over who got to take it home :D Not to mention the differences of opinion over components and whatnot. And of course the whole money factor (:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Something we could think about anyway...although it would give dubdvd alot of sleepness nights

i think the idea of a community project is good, but just building a really good pc is kinda bland. We should focus on quirky projects that'll raise eyebrows and get us noticed, sorta like the pc that's also a coffee machine. Why not make a Mr. Frosty PC? :D

just have a vote on what goes into it.and whoever has the most space for it can have it, needs to be a good central location

sionnach wrote:
    i think the idea of a community project is good, but just building a really good pc is kinda bland. We should focus on quirky projects that'll raise eyebrows and get us noticed, sorta like the pc that's also a coffee machine. Why not make a Mr. Frosty PC? :D

yeh somethin like that would be cool also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

e-penis++

• Advertisement

PiE wrote:
    e-penis++

thats what its all about, LOL.

Or about users here being put on the map, recognised in the modding and overclocking scene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Sounds good to me..

i reckon we should do it, put out a call on the website wen it is up for serious modders to chip in and we'll get it organised :D

i'll be in dublin all summer, anyone got a nice garage? :D

thats a good question, whos got a spare room/garage???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

gline wrote:
    Intel laughed at amd using 64bit (theythought it was ahead of its time and no need for it), now look at them , they are playing catch up :D

I tried to ignore this but cannot.. Intel playing catch up with AMD performace wise has nothing to do with AMD using 64bit extensions before Intel did.

Finally, its ironic that Intel has the most profitable year in its history last year.. Jaysus, look at them now huh ;)

i have .......................................not.;)

Build a boards.ie PC.. Build it to server spec and ye can serve boards.ie off it.. Might as well do something useful with it ;)

Not a bad idea it will give something back to boards....and you could do a dual cpu jobby with tons of storage and ram and give it to admin at the end after the overclocking and so on and that way everybody who donates to it will feel that they are giving omething back to boards.ie for all the hours and days and years it has keep them from the depts of deppression "im on here again at five in the morning"...Its a good theme to go with ...made from the ground up completely custom built case and so on all based the idea of boards.ie D irish forum

I better be remembered for this I tell ya..

• Advertisement

its a good idea, 2x dualcore opterons with 2 mach II's, A load of scsi hdds, 16gig ram, SLI setup peltier cooled, volt mods galore and a fully custom built themed case , sounds good, and if every1 chipped in wouldnt cost much per person

with specs like that it would

no it wouldnt if enough people got involved

i don't think there would be enough people committed to forking out to make a machine that could cost around ten grand.

maybe so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I'd say at best you would have 6-8 people who would donate tme + money to such a project.
    Nice idea though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

Id like to see you fit that beast of a server into a rackmount at a datacenter :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭DirtyHarry

@ Wizzard

Have you RMA'ed your board or not? Iv a dead DFI board too but iv done nothing about it for the past 3 weeks coz iv exams. Damn exams....and im unbelieveably addicted to WOW too!

Anyway there policy is that you cant RMA the board if your not living in either England, France or Germany. (according to there site) Otherwise you got to send it back to the retailer. So im wondering how your doing your RMA? You just sending it back to where u bought it and getting them to do it?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

@DirtyHarry.

My board is back!!! ;) Using dubdvd's BIOS chip at the moment! ;) (Thanks dub)

It's my BIOS chip that's fried, I'm gonna hotflash my own as soon as I can get a working floppy drive. Mine is dead :(

Did you talk to Angry_Games or RGone @ www.dfi-street.com
    They should be able to give you some help, although they don't deal with European RMA's. What exactly is wrong with it? Maybe I can help? (I've gone through a lot with this baby!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Dirtyharry;

i used a friends addy in belfast to return the board even though i bought it in the states.

worked perfectly. Maybey you know someone in the north who would let you use their address........

Advertisement