Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA2 on WinXP

Options
  • 19-05-2005 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can GTA2 work on Windows XP? Its free, it has a multiplayer option, and its not to big, so I'm going to try to get it to work.

Question is: will I be able to get it to work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

downloaded it on my laptop, running XP Pro, cant remember it giving me a problem. Compatability mode should sort it if it does give hassle.

Short Answer : Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have had GTA2 running on Windows XP, not sure about the multiplayer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

The fact that your saying its free, leads me to believe your downloading it from the rockstar classics site? If this is the case the game has been modified to run on XP and has given me no problems so far, havent tried the multiplayer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

jonnybadd wrote:
    The fact that your saying its free, leads me to believe your downloading it from the rockstar classics site? If this is the case the game has been modified to run on XP and has given me no problems so far, havent tried the multiplayer though.
    Sweet, I asked as I tried demo of GTA1 (from the original site, which, after about 7 or 8 years, is still running), but that didn't work. Was making sure that this did. Hopefully the FAS network will allow it:cool:

Advertisement