Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spare parts?

Options
  • 19-05-2005 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the best way of going about replacing little bits and pirces? Scrap yard or motor factors/Manufacturer?

The bits I'm looking for are an ariel (its a motorised one on a 94 Accord, the motor is working just th eariel is snapped off about half way up) , a petrol cap (there one of those universal ones on it at the min) and a small dash panelto the right of the steering column.

Also is there any online spares sites in Ireland, can only find uk/us ones etc. Not having great luck finding scrap yards on the golden pages site either, any help is appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

On a car that old and the items you highlight. I'd got for good quality aftermarket items, rather than scrap or OEM.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ANy suggestions on a decent stockist?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Stekelly wrote:
    Whats the best way of going about replacing little bits and pirces? Scrap yard or motor factors/Manufacturer?

The bits I'm looking for are an ariel (its a motorised one on a 94 Accord, the motor is working just th eariel is snapped off about half way up) , a petrol cap (there one of those universal ones on it at the min) and a small dash panelto the right of the steering column.

Also is there any online spares sites in Ireland, can only find uk/us ones etc. Not having great luck finding scrap yards on the golden pages site either, any help is appreciated. Cheers.

The same thing happened to the aerial on my Accord a few years ago. I got a replacement one from a motor factor and had an auto electrician fit it, saved a fortune from buying from a stealer.

The petrol cap? Are you talking about the round one on the inside cap or the outside cap (same colour as the car). If it is the outside then you may find one in a scrap yard but might need to spray it the same colour as the car. You should also be able to get the dash panel from the same car.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

bazz26 wrote:
    The same thing happened to the aerial on my Accord a few years ago. I got a replacement one from a motor factor and had an auto electrician fit it, saved a fortune from buying from a stealer.

The petrol cap? Are you talking about the round one on the inside cap or the outside cap (same colour as the car). If it is the outside then you may find one in a scrap yard but might need to spray it the same colour as the car. You should also be able to get the dash panel from the same car.

It's just the internal cap. the one thats on it doesnt screw on or anythign, just has finns to hold it in. it's one of those universal motor factors ones.

The site quoted above have a replacemnt ariel for my car for €31. Its just the actual rod, the motor is working fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement