Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning course

• 19-05-2005 3:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

I've applied for the urban/environmental planning course and would like to get an idea of people's opinons on it and the college in general.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

ullu wrote:
    I've applied for the urban/environmental planning course and would like to get an idea of people's opinons on it and the college in general.

Thanks

I applied for that course as my 2nd choice this year but i got my 1st choice and I have put it down on the CAO form again for this year as I hate my college and want to pack my bags for a different course.

I emailed the head of the urban/environmental course and I got some uselful information but I'm still not very clear on the course. I want to eventually become a town planner but I do believe parts of the course involve alot of tricky stuff which I'm very uncertain about.

I'll see if I can find the email and I'll PM it to you if i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Landa2

i've just spent two years in dit.

i presume that this course is in bolton street?? well the college itself isn't bad. there is a reasonably new part to the college, (not all of dit is like the aungier street college) built within the last 10 years, which houses the SU and the library and the canteen. it also contains some lecture facilities.

college life in dit is what YOU make of it. the college is all over the city 32 smaller buildings as well as the 6 main sites, bolton street itself is, well if your a girl you'll love it. if not well there's always cathal brugha street down the road.

last year was a bad year for entertainments in the college so thats nothing to go on, one thing that can be said is ditsu (ie students union) does know how to have a party and will make every attempt to get people involved.

Also dont miss out on the RAG Trip. its the one thing dit has that other colleges envy. held every year on rag week, it consists of over 2000 students piled onto busses at 10, driven to 3 nightclubs around the country and dropped back to dublin for 4 in the morning. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

hi,
    I imagine you've seen this http://remus.dit.ie/DIT/study/undergraduate/courses/ft116_prn.html

its a link to FT116 the course you're interested in.
    It gives you the name and contact details of the course co-ordinator.

In my opinion DIT is a really good place to learn. The lecturers are very approachable and its not as frightening as universitites since the lecturers keep an eye on you and make sure your alright.
    Its alot more personable and most lecturers will go out of their way to help you.
    It also attracts a wide variety of people from different backgrounds. Unlike some university courses where everyone seems to be a mimic of a D4 head :).

You'll have a great time. Contact the people above and best of luck.

Advertisement