Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasma advice

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭xonencentral

When I bought my plasma a year ago, I bought a "future proofed" one, High Definition for next generation, cost me 14K but I had looked at one in a shop side by side with a flat screen and widescreen TV, and the Philips widescreen was the best, [The plasma was 3.5K, it looked crap]

Moral of the story, you get what you pay for when it comes to plasma's TV's.

Ask if it is a High Definition plasma, the picture is awesome.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

what plasma did u buy for 14K

Also on another note I would not buy that screen even though it is a a very good price I am seen some not great reviews on the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Can anyone recommend any stores that have good plasma choice setup. I hate going in Currys etc where they don't know anything and the setup is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

When I bought my plasma a year ago, I bought a "future proofed" one, High Definition for next generation, cost me 14K but I had looked at one in a shop side by side with a flat screen and widescreen TV, and the Philips widescreen was the best, [The plasma was 3.5K, it looked crap]

Moral of the story, you get what you pay for when it comes to plasma's TV's.

Ask if it is a High Definition plasma, the picture is awesome.

Would it not have made sense to spend 4 or 5k on a non "future proofed" one then and spent the same again 18 - 24 months later when the future is the present and high def is actually broadcasted? Thus saving 4 or 5k.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭lifebook

Here is all the info I have at the moment

Its 852*480 resolution

It had HDMI 1080
    progressive scan
    dual tuners for pip

it uses a samsung panel according to our supplier

If the resolution is 852*480 it is not a high defination screen so I would stay away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭lifebook

Here is a complete list of specs that I got

http://www.hyundaiq.com/pro_spec_hqp421sr_pal.asp

It does mention HD????

Does it use some sort of compression of something similar

Just had a look it would use some sort of compression also there is no mention of the Dvi input been HDCP enabled I would hold onto your money but you should demo it to see what you think. I am a firm beliver that if you like the look of it yourself then that is good enough

Advertisement